Inbox filtering per team/project

Hi Asana, have you got some news about:

• filter by team
  • filter bu project

Thanks

7 Likes

The absence of Asana is incredible.
I’m really evaluating a porting to other solutions :frowning:

The porting will be a nightmare, but today there is a lot of more power and usable tools.

;(

3 Likes

Yes please, we should discuss on Reddit Reddit - Dive into anything (here is obviously forbidden) about alternative with manageable inboxes and porting possibilities. We are very frustrated too. It’s been many many years with Asana and I can sentence that they became more and more deaf to user requests year by year.
Very disappointed.

4 Likes

We have 240 projects and 9 teams. At this scale Inbox is useless for Project Managers.

Filtering is too poor. Comunication is not working cos Asana is missing simple feature like others platforms have - filtering by project or by portfolio or by team. Implementing it is so easy. Why it is not there yet?

We really looking into other solutions now cos this blocking issue.
And we are on Business plan…

4 Likes

Would be amazing to be able to filter the inbox view by project. It’s very distracting and inefficient to have to comb through messages from all the projects I’m on tagging me with questions and requests and have to be context switching throughout rather than being able to focus my time looking at one project’s inbox tags to me and then moving on to the next

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, @Jenna_Hasenkampf! We. already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Inbox filtering per team/project to consolidate feedback!

3 Likes

Upping this too. I’m a consultant hosting several client projects on our Asana space, and I need to be able to comb through my inbox for a specific project only.

2 Likes

Any news about when this will be resolved? We find it very confusing to manage messages because it is not possible to filter messages by project. This makes it hard to communicate.

2 Likes

Do you think someone will reply to Twitter?

2 Likes

As in Inbox is great to clear all my tasks.

Improvement or I would urge you to work on it.

1. By Assignee wise - If I have privilege to filter with Assignee then I can clear all specific task asap.
  2. By Project wise: I can focus on the Project which is the most important to me as I am the director of the company,
  3. Ascending wise: - As it’s descending but as First Inbox Notification is also connected with following inbox notifications, So the challenge is that I don’t have a filter where I can go through the first older one and then following so I can connect all trail of update.
    4.Date wise: I can filter and quickly clear all notifications so I can start planning on my MY Task working.

Hope this make sense to the Asana Community, please just send your love if you agree on any point with your challenge or benefit to ease operations.

3 Likes

Hi ASANA in these 29 months could you evaluate this feature?
Or the dark theme has more priority than this?

3 Likes

Hello, from March 2019… do you have any solution?
Thank you!

1 Like

We enjoy seeing the messages in our Asana inbox, however, need a way to sort by either project or team member. Is this possible?

3 Likes

Hi @anon31604482, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any update on this? As the person who runs Asana for our organization I waste a lot of time cleaning out my inbox looking for notifications that relate to a specific project. This functionality would give me hours back every week.

3 Likes

I know Asana from its early years, around 10 years ago. I contributed by submitting bugs, giving UI tips, and participating in betas. In the beginning, it was a pleasure: they used to reply, and take seriously the reports. Very often they implemented the request in a few weeks. Then the things became getting worst, and I would observe, it coincided with venture capitalist involvement. They became more and more indifferent to their userbase. Community Managers reply always with the same laconic “wow, thank you, we’ll surely take it into consideration”, but It’s been years that I don’t see any of the upvoted requests taken into consideration. They increase prices and added more expensive plans. They promoted their inclusiveness company environment over everything else (ok, that’s great, it’s really is, but… is that more important than your product?). Was this the consequence of progressive loss of sight of the product quality, in favor of pleasing the investors?

3 Likes

I’d like an Inbox view, for every project.

Specs:
It looks the same like the global Inbox, but it contains notifications only from the specified project.
The “Project Inbox” should sync with my global Inbox. When I archive a notification in my Project Inbox, it should be archived in my global Inbox too, and vice versa.

The “Project Inbox” could be located next to the list view, the calendar view, the timeline view, etc., of the project.

A good interim solution would be to add a filter to my global inbox that lets me filter for projects.
An acceptable interim solution would be to adapt the search, so that I can not only search for tasks and messages, but also for notifications.

Value:
A “Project Inbox” enables me to catch up quickly on what happened in this particular project only.

As a manager, I sometimes fall behind on the notifications of all projects I’m responsible for. So it happens, that the next project team meeting comes up, but I’m not at inbox zero. And because the inbox has a lot of stuff from different projects in it, it’s impossible for me to bring my whole inbox to zero, just to catch up with that one urgent project.

4 Likes

Hi @Jan_Rodenwald, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for inbox filtering by project in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As many people have voiced here, the Inbox has become impossible to keep up with. The current filters are not helpful enough to sift through priorities. Some of the suggestions in this thread would solve the problem.

Are there any Inbox improvements in the roadmap for 2022? :pray:

4 Likes

Hi Asana team, I would also love this feature. I’d like to use your service, but currently Inbox only allows me to keep tabs on one team.

2 Likes