Improve iPad app

The iPad app was updated months ago and I feel it’s not intuitive any more, navigation is confusing when opening tasks in the right of the screen, it felt more organized when it was in the center and editing was in full screen mode. I use so much my iPad and this is hurting so much my experience, please re think the iPad app, I know you can do better.

2 Likes

iPad - ability to manage custom fields
iPad - Reports and Projects to show custom fields
iPad - Sort by custom fields
iPad - Ability to make task sub task of
iPad - Timeline view
iPad - Add sections to lists

2 Likes

I would like to be able to use the same Keyboard shortcuts across operating systems. Being able to mark today, upcoming or later, or creating sub-tasks with Tab-S, or tagging with Tab-T.

Keyboard shortcuts are an incredible time saver, and I would like to use the iPad app in much the same way as I do on Desktop.

1 Like

Completely agree with suggestions that the same keyboard shortcuts should be made available especially with the increase in available iPads supporting Apple keyboards.

As for overall layout, I think it’d be nice to have the left hand side bar menu available throughout the app. Support for Timeline, even a read-only version would be nice as well. Not sure what other UI recommendations I’d made, but support for keyboard shortcuts is definitely top of the list.

-typing this on my iPad Pro

3 Likes

After using the iPad app some more here are some really basic, easy implementations that should be rolled out as soon as possible:

• Use of keyboard shortcuts for text formatting (bold / italic / underline)
  • Ability to adjust the width of the right panel menu that opens up to comment on tasks or at least adjust the width of it. You can barely type / view details.
4 Likes

IPAD app feature request:

1. Change screen ratio for the right/left working fields.
  2. Collapsible sections.
  3. Create a duplicate of the task from the app.
5 Likes

It could be to see status fields next to the task as in the Web version.

The only way to check custom field or status right now is to click on each individual task and see it above the description on the right side

Great point @Ben_Brenner, I’d like to add to that list:

• Show custom fields on the project overview.

And then more of a nice-to-have feature:

• Form management in the iPad app
1 Like

I would like to bump this back up, by the iPad App is a pain…
(Sorry, but someone had to say it :wink:)

It is really hard to use the iPad app productively. In our company we are starting to use iPad Pros for our daily work. Today it’s nearly impossible to log in online without getting redirected to the App Store or the Asana app. You have to switch between your browser and the app a few times. And tbh the app just can’t deliver what the browser version can.

Things I would love to see improved:

• General app navigation (feels unintuitive compared to the browser)
  • use shortcuts in app (ideally also with “Tab” or with “cmd”)
  • being able to pull a task up full screen (Tab + x)
  • 1-click adding a project to tasks (right now it’s: “…” → “add to project”
  • “advanced” Formatting available while creating new task (Lists) (Shortcut would be enough)
  • Adding segments as sub tasks (short cut would be enough, but rn it’s just not possible)

Some of these ideas have been mentioned before and there are more really good ideas above.
I would love to see some of the ones mentioned in this thread being implemented into the app.

Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

Agreed. Thanks for giving the topic a nudge again: it needs to be kept alive! Personally I’d like Asana to refactor the iPad app completely so that it has both all the power of a desktop experience and uses all of the functionality available in iPadOS - I’m also an iPad pro user and am deeply frustrated by the experience on that device.

4 Likes

I’d like to reiterate what @Arnlaugsson said about Form management; we use Forms for a fair amount of our processes, and it would be nice to have the ability to manage and use Forms via the iPad for our projects.

1 Like

With the latest updates to PadOS and now mice on ipads, it is more necessary than ever to update the app to be more like the browser version it terms of functionality. I want to use my ipad as a laptop alternative but with limited functionality I struggle to use the Asana app efficiently. And why can’t we duplicate tasks in the app!

Welcome to the Forum @Michael_Bellino and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!
I completely understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately, I don’t have any news to share on this topic at the moment but rest ensure that I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update.

We already have an existing thread in the Forum regarding this, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it. I hope it’s OK.

Have a great Friday Michael! :slightly_smiling_face:

Big +1 on this. The iPad app is very disappointing. It lacks much of Asana’s core functionality and is also fairly buggy.

1 Like

Please add “Project” to the iPad task screen. Perhaps as something you can toggle on and off. I often have tasks with similar names such as “update budget” or “schedule quarterly review”. Short of including the project name in the title of every task, I can’t quickly review my tasks for the day without opening each one to see the associated project name.

NOTES. The message boxes are TINY - why can’t they expand? Also, would love to see Private notebook available on iPad. This could be an Evernote, OneNote Killer. I want to take notes all in one place. I also use pencil -so scribble is important to me.

Bumping this up again. I’m a iPad Pro user for my personal device and absolutely despise the Asana iPad Pro app. None of the custom rules work within it. I’ve set up basic rules to move completed tasks. The rule works fine on the browser version and the desktop app, but does not work at all on the iPad app.

1 Like