importing from monday.com to asana

Hi there,
we’re trying to make the move from monday.com to asana. the trouble is in bringing across Monday’s updates for each tasks. When we export from Monday to Excel, they come through as a separate worksheet, which when saved to CSV gets detached from the main worksheet. the import to asana then only picks up tasks and not each tasks updates. does anyone know how to get the updates to import into asana please? many thanks, Steve

Hi @Steve_Hastings1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Can you confirm if by updates you mean task comments or specific fields? :slight_smile:

When you import your CSV file, the data will be mapped in Asana based on the names of the columns in the CSV file. You can map specific information using custom fields if you have a Premium plan in Asana.

You can find all the information you can import and some tips to organize your columns in this article:

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Emily. Thannk you for the very quick reply. By updates, I mean task comments. Does that help? Thanks Steve

Thanks for getting back to me @Steve_Hastings1! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to import comments to Asana. As a workaround, if you wish to keep the comments and updates, you can add them to the task’s description.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Emily… thank you for the reply.Yes, I thought this might be the case. All good! Much appreciated. Steve

1 Like

@Steve_Hastings1 Hi Steve, we are wondering about moving Asana to Monday, as I saw the Monday’s columns allow a lot more different data types (for example, pictures!) and more sorting and filtering options within columns than Asana (for example, you can’t sort by tags in Asana). Just wondering if you can share some feedback about where Monday didn’t work for you?

Thanks a lot!