import specific section and some custom fields from all projects to Google Sheets

Dear Community,

i want to import only specific section from 20 projects and some Custom fields to Google Sheets.
All our projects have a section called “in progress”.

So basically i need a table with all tasks from each "in progress” section from all projects with “estimation time” as a custom field as one table in Google Sheet. I hope you have some tips for me .

I created a portfolio for all projects and imported it, but still not see the sections i need. I also tried some CSV importer but still cannot get this combination. Maybe i still missing something.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi @Mohamed_Saleh, thanks for reaching out! As a workaround, you can try creating a project, adding all tasks from the sections “In Progress” to this project (you can multi-select the tasks to add them quicker) and then export it to CSV. This will give you a full list of all tasks in the In Progress section. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @Emily_Roman, thank you so much for your reply and for the suggestion.

Is there anyway to automate the data export process form Asana projects to google Excel sheet to have auto-updated report? Since it’s a little hustle to add tasks form +20 projects manually and export the CSV time every time.

Thanks again for your effort

@lpb could you confirm if this is possible with Asana2Go? Thank you! :slight_smile:

@Mohamed_Saleh,

You don’t indicate why you want this in a spreadsheet; why?

Were you aware you can save a search report in Asana that specifies the specific content you want, including custom fields, and is refreshed automatically every time you look at it?

If you still need it outside of Asana in the Search view actions menu there’s Export > Sync to Google Sheets (which also works with Excel) which will keep it up to date there hourly.

You can do export to CSV wish Asana2Go, and you can do custom reports from Search view too, if either of those helps.

Larry

2 Likes

@lpb @Emily_Roman thank you so much for support. I will try the custom search idea. :relaxed:

1 Like