I installed the Gmail Asana Add on, but it does not show up in Gmail.

I installed the Asana add on to gmail this morning. Unfortunately, it has not shown up in my gmail. I have verified that it was installed. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi @Katie_Cyphers and so sorry for the trouble here!

There are a couple of things we can check:

1. Can you please confirm that that the add-on is showing up as “Installed” when clicking on the following link? https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/asana_for_gmail/923474483785

2. If you’re a Gsuite user, can you make sure that your Admin has whitelisted the Add-on for your domain? Can you also verify that you have authorized the add-on for your account (both are required for GSuite users!)

3. Could you also share a screenshot of what you’re seeing in your Gmail sidebar? I’ve added a screenshot below showing you what the add-on looks like in my Gmail account!

Looking forward to your reply Katie!

I’ve been using the Asana add-on for Gmail and this morning it was (apparently) missing - though all settings reported it was properly installed.

What had happened is that my right hand Gmail sidebar (where the Asana add-on appears) had gotten collapsed - not sure how. I don’t ever collapse it intentionally so it took an extra moment to find this and re-expand - which solved the issue. Any chance this could be what’s happening for you?

I’m also having trouble with this and the comments so far are not helping. This comment in particular:

If you’re a Gsuite user, can you make sure that your Admin has whitelisted the Add-on for your domain? Can you also verify that you have authorized the add-on for your account (both are required for GSuite users!)

How do I authorize the add-on for my account?

The Asana icon is not showing up in my sidebar.

When I go to add the app it says it’s already installed.

When I click on the app, however, I get a red alert to "Please uninstall app for domain in admin console. So I’m very confused.

I want Asana for Gsuite available to everyone on my domain.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-John

I’m having the same issue as above.

Asana App missing in Gmail?

I just wasted all morning, installing and reinstalling the “Asana Gmail App” into my Gmail account, browsing fora, and whatnot.

A reply here gave me a clue but not the solution.

The solution for me was so SIMPLE and OBVIOUS that it most likely fell below any tech supporter’s radar.

In my case, it was a simple matter of toggling the right-hand bar in Gmail to be visible again.
And Voila my lifesaving Asana was back where it was supposed to be.

I made a image to explain

Asana App missing