THEN, after a few second Asana asks to reload
then there is non more the template

Can you give tell me what to do?
Thank You.
Vittorio.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Vittorio_Goletti and welcome to the Forum!

Apologies for the trouble with templates, I suspect it might just be a small browser issue (I’ve just tried to save a project as a template on my end and it seems to be working fine); could you please try to clear your browser’s cache and cookies and see if you’re still encountering the same problem?

I look forward to your reply!

Dear Marie,
i followed your instructions
but the problem still exists.

I really need to solve this problem.

Please, help me.

Grazie, Vittorio.

After I reload
the TEMPLATE icon disappear and the file becomes a project again

Hi Marie.
Any news?
Than you Vittorio.

Hi @Vittorio_Goletti and thank you so much for the additional details.

The error message on your first screenshot indicates it might be an issue with Project Permissions. Could you please double check what are your permissions for the project you’re trying to convert into a template? Here are the steps to follow to check your project permissions: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide. If you could share a screenshot of these permissions with me it would be super useful!

Hi, Marie.

The problem is still present.

How long do I have to wait?

I UNDERSTAND THET ASANA HELP ITS CUSTOMER to better work

and to save time,

NOT to lose it

Waiting for you answer.

Vittorio Goletti.

Hi, Marie.

This is my screenshot.

I am the owner of the project.

Vit.

Thank you so much for the screenshot and additional information, this is very helpful. Iv’e just filed a task with our development team and will keep you updated as soon as I have an update from them. Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you so much for your help and patience.

Thank you, Marie.

I am building a new company.

And I am seriously thinking to base processes AND projects on Asana.

For doing this it is crucial to be absolutely sure that:

• Project ca become Template (processes)

• From templates we can originate project, replicate them and scale them on 1.000 people.

Thank you, Vittorio.

That sounds exciting @Vittorio_Goletti and something you can definitely achieve with Asana! Once your base project is set as a Template, you will be able to duplicate as many time as you need!

I just took a look at the bug in our Asana, and it looks like our engineers are making good progress with their investigations so this issue should hopefully be resolved soon! I’m following the task in Asana and will make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

In the meantime, if you need to, you can simply create a copy of this project, it will allow you to move forward with your work while our team work on resolving this bug :slight_smile:

Hi, Maria.

Thank you for your email.

Did your engineers find the solution?

Grazie, Vittorio.

Dear Mary,

Any new on solution of the Bug?

Thank you, Vittorio.

Not just yet @Vittorio_Goletti, but I’m closely working with our engineers and will keep you posted as soon as I get notified with an update! Thanks again for you patience while we’re working on this!

Hi, Marie.

I hope you will finish by today

I planned working all this weekend on my new company,

defining Systems and processes.

I need this feature for doing it.

Thank you,

Vittorio.

We’re doing our best to get it resolved as soon as possible, but I can’t promise it will be fixed today. In the meantime, you can duplicate projects from the project you want to set as your template; it will achieve the same results.

Again, this is just a trick to unblock you temporarily but rest endured we’re working on resolving this asap!

@Vittorio_Goletti I thought I would make a few comments if this weekend is so critical for you. @Marie always does her best to represent the community to tech support. She has already mentioned Duplicate Projects which was the forerunner of Templates. Having said that I would like to suggest that you look at our product Sendana Add and its complimentary tool Sendana Date. The Sendana line of products has been around for awhile including Sendana-Outtlook Add-in. Sendana Add will do almost everything that Templates does and few more things like duplicating and creating multiple projects at once. It also can serve as the equivalent to a task template if you need that. One feature you may like is the ability to populate many projects with custom fields from a single project. You would just set up a single project with a task with your custom fields and add to as many projects as you need. Be sure and read the manual though. Here is a PDF pop-up of everything it does. https://www.sendanatools.com/sendana_add/templates/Sendana-Add-Instructions.pdf In addition if you have any problems should you decide to try, your can PM me or simply put a request into support@stratelyze.com/. Thanks

2 Likes

@Vittorio_Goletti,

Our team just deployed a fix that should hopefully solve your issue! It should be live on Asana within 1 or 2 days maximum (but could be sooner too - I’ll keep an eye on the status and let you know if I see any move tomorrow).

In the meantime, don’t hesitate to use the workaround I gave you above ( duplicate projects ) it should allow you to move forward with your work!

Thank you, Marie.

I appreciate your follow-up.

Let’s hope they will finish soon.

I will make a good use of this feature!

Ciao, Vittorio.