HTML Glitch when Rule Triggers New Task

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I have a rule that if a task is added to a project with x custom field(s) set to x, then create a task. This rule-based task name is then totally screwed up with a strange HTML error. I have went through everything and can’t figure out why this is happening. No Variables are being used, it’s just a pre-typed task name.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.57.43 AM

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Greg_Thumm,

Can you post a screenshot showing the details of the rule? Thanks.

This is project is 1/5 of the projects spawned by a parent project. When a certain task enters this project and meets certain criteria, it generates two tasks, a multi-deliverable job card (for client correspondence) and a project task (w/ 3 subtasks that is used for internal purposes).

The multi-deliverable task is what is being renamed this way. Screenshots below;

Whole rule

Multideliverable Job Card

Project Task

It does look like a bug. I’m sure @Vanessa_N from Asana will weigh in.

I would just also make sure that you don’t have any rules which are modifying the task’s name after it gets created.

I had reported this issue a few months ago which had a similar effect. But that was fixed so this looks like a new bug, indeed!

2 Likes

@Vanessa_N could you shed some light on this issue please?

Hello folks and apologies for the delay in responding.

@Greg_Thumm , I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug for our team to investigate. I’ll post an update here is as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

HI @Greg_Thumm, can you confirm if you’re still running into this issue? Our team is struggling to reproduce it!

1 Like

Hi Marie - yes I am.

A form is submitted on one project
The form submission task is then added to other project boards
Once the form submission task is added to other boards, tasks are created
Those tasks then are converted to projects (using project templates)
Upon converting into a project, the name of the task is totally messed up.

I just ran a test this morning and it is still happening:

@Marie

See above reply^. Perhaps it is the fact that numerous tasks are being generated at once that is causing the issue?

@Marie

I tested just one task generating/converting to a project and the same issue happened. Please let me know what info from me that you need to resolve this.

@Marie I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and I think the issue is that:

When a form has multi-select options…
And multiple options are selected…
When creating new tasks from the form submission task for each respective multi-select option…
The name of the task is compromised

Is there something I am missing on how to create numerous tasks from a multi-select form submission?

Hi @Greg_Thumm, thank you for the additional information! I’ve passed this on to our Developers and hope it will help them sort this out. As soon as I have any updates, or if they ask for anything else, I’ll let you know!

@Vanessa_N I figured out that by running the rule to rename the task name of the task that converts to a project before it converts as well as after conversion, this is no longer a problem. You just have to be careful to run the rule on the task that is converting, not the task that spawned the task to begin with.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.