How to view all tasks I am a collaborator on

Hello,

I would like to be able to see all the tasks I have been added as a collaborator on. Is there a way to view these like assigned tasks? My Tasks dashboard only shows me the tasks I am assigned. Since I can’t see that I am a collaborator unless I go through my inbox, or someone comments - it is hard to keep track and find them.

Thank you,
Ginger

9 Likes

Welcome @Ginger_Jarvis,

If you’re on an Asana paid plan you have access to Advanced Search and can simply fill in the form specifying “me” for the Collaborators field and then save that search as a report on your left sidebar so you can get to it quickly anytime. More info at Using Search & Advanced Search in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide .

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

Hi Larry,

the custom search/report function is a reasonably good solution.
However, I’d find it much more intuitive if you could add a switch/filter to show tasks where you are a collaborator in “My Tasks”. This would improve visibility and place the tasks where I’d expect them to be.
It took some time for my colleagues and I and to understand and use custom searches. I just discovered the report function through your post, I’ve been using bookmarks to the custom search URLs before. Maybe reports should be more prominent in the onboarding process.

Thanks for your time,
Lukas

33 Likes

Hi @anon658648,

In order for Asana to consider your suggestion, you should create a new Forum post in the #productfeedback category and vote for it, then others can too.

You might consider that many associate My Tasks deeply with assigned-to-me tasks only; perhaps in addition to My Tasks, adding a My Collaborations view is another alternative to propose.

Thanks,

Larry

4 Likes

Hi, just testing asana . Is there a way to see the tasks I am a collaborator if Brot in paid plan?

I was looking for this exact solution, I’m honestly surprised it doesn’t already exist. Did you create the forum entry for it? I’d happily upvote it.

2 Likes

Hi @Nick_Sena, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! You can use our Advanced Search feature and add yourself in the collaborator field: Using Search & Advanced Search in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

You can also find some other ways to achieve this here: How to see and search many collaborators of a task :slight_smile:

Thank you but I was looking for a way to see all tasks I am a collaborator on in My Tasks.
If being added as collaborator was a trigger, I could create a custom section for those tasks.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.