how to show age of a task [current date] = [task created date]

Is there a way to show age of a task [current date] = [task created date]? I’d like this to display on the card view as a field if possible.

1 Like

Hello @Jennifer_Isaac,

Are you aware of Asana metadata?
There you can see: Created on, Created by, Completed on, Last modified on

This might be interesting for you: Reporting: How long do tasks take? - #9 by Sami_Linnanvuo

This might be a feedback request thread you are interested upvoting.

And here is all the info about being able to see time in stage: Workflow Builder • Asana Product Guide

Thanks - these metadata fields are helpful but not quite what I’m looking for. Would like a similar field that displays “time since created” - we’d prefer not to have to visit a dashboard to get this info. Any options?

Have a look at Flowsana, here is some documentation around what you are trying to see.

I have a solution for this: a service I created to compute custom fields, it would work in your case!

1 Like

Thanks Bastien - cost? more info?

FYI Flowsana doesn’t have any functionality that maintains a real-time calculated “time since task creation”.

Bastien - you dropped this comment that there’s a solution, but don’t give any information about where to find it, what to search for, anything. haha. I’d really love to know your solution to this. :slight_smile:

That’s because you have to contact me, we don’t have a public page or presentation. The deliverable is the ability to have a column getting a value based on other columns, with a completely custom formula. You can fill that in so I can get back to you :slight_smile:
https://form.asana.com/?k=yEV2d5uBHGCPJ7w6STfoBw&d=1199168271926687

Hi all, the TODAY input is now available for formulas!

I’ve put together a list of formulas that use the new TODAY input that you can easily copy/paste into the Advanced formula editor, to use in your projects: