How to get the sum of a Custom Field?

How to get the sum of a Custom Field in a Project ?

Hi @Pedro_GCA

To get the sum, you just multi-select all of the relevant tasks. The total comes up in the task pane:

Or, if you want to look at large numbers of tasks and don’t want the hassle of scrolling down to the bottom, just run an advanced search for all tasks associated with that custom field, with any value, then export the results to csv.

Hope that helps.

Add up custom fields in My Task View
Assigning time and tracking time for tasks

Tks so much Mark !!!

Hmm, I don’t actually see a “total” at all. Can you specify what you did, other than select the tasks? Thank you!

Hi @Alyssa_J_Gavinski

The total should automatically appear in the task pane, without having to do anything additional. Are you using a number-based custom field?

I am don’t see a total either when I select multiple tasks. See attachment.39

@Erjon_Metohu Are you sure that “Deal Value” is a Number custom field? For Number field types, you should see the total to the right of where it displays Multiple Values. Perhaps your field is a Text field?

Good call Phil, it was a text field. It works! :slight_smile:

Now, I have a another issue the numbers column is so narrow you can barely see the full numbers and it doesn’t seems you like you can resize column widths. :frowning:

Great call @Phil_Seeman!

If the selected tasks are more than 50 ti will not showing me the total, is there other way?

Hi @Juan_Maceda

The 50 tasks thing is a bit limiting. The quickest and easiest way around this is to export the project as a CSV and just SUM the relevant column.