How to disable Outlook add-in actionable messages from Asana

Look how much vertical space this feature takes up. I don’t want it. Where is the option in my profile to make sure I don’t get this waste of space? And assuming no such option exists, WHY NOT?

2 Likes

Hi @Mark_Kindy and apologies for the inconvenience here. You can disable actionable messages by following the steps under “Remove Connector” from this article. Note that you can’t disable this option just for your account, the steps above will disable the feature for your whole Organization in Asana.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hi, we’ve just moved to Outlook on Office 365 and I use outlook with a bottom preview - but I’m ready to turn asana email notifications off completely as I’m unable to see the content of any messages because the actionable message takes up most of the space (to be fair the email header also takes a ridiculous amount of space as well) that makes it completely unusable. I cannot see any of the email content. I read through the article you point to @Marie and even tried adding the outlook connector but it does not stop this asana notification message appearing at the top. Is there any way of removing them from the notification emails, before I just have to stop the emails altogether?

2 Likes

Hi @Jenny_Crowder,

You need to remove the connector to remove Asana actionable messages :slight_smile:

Hi, I didn’t already have it installed but tried to add it to see if it would remove the message window notification, so with or without the connector I’m not seeing how this article fixes the issues. I’m not sure the outlook connector affects the actionable message from the message view at all. Outlook also seems to offer no solution (I appreciate you aren’t the only system to use notifications like this but it’s a really poor experience).

3 Likes

I have the same issue here. Any update?

1 Like

same issue… I am of the opinion that everything one does to “customize” should be undoable, however here, once you have integrated Asana and Outlook using this article - there appears to be no way to undo it and now you are forever stuck with a terrible user experience of not being able to read your email because the Asana “actionable items” takes up 90% of the email space. If your company heavily relies on Asana and you are constantly being added to tasks and the only way to stop this “actionable items” piece from showing up is to disable each project individually, well - there goes productivity since you’ll have to spend at least 50% of your day disabling this one by one. So, for a product whose sole purpose is to support productivity, this seems incredibly counterintuitive. Please fix this egregious design flaw that is actually hindering productivity. (this is my opinion, there may be others out there who disagree and I respect that).

5 Likes

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet? The fact that the actions are nested at the top of the email and don’t scroll out of the way makes the emails totally unreadable if you’re viewing them in the reading pane.

1 Like

Just commenting to reiterate the concern and annoyance of this “feature”. I don’t have the Asana Outlook connector, so the proposed solution is irrelevant. Regardless, users should be able to control this individually.