How to create templates for tasks

+1 for this.

I appreciate the work-arounds people are posting, but you won’t believe the RAW NUMBER of work-arounds I employ on a daily basis to make this tool work (or maybe you would?). It very silly that that this tool doesn’t have a “template” task option. I should just be able to say “add this type of task” rather than keeping a project with template tasks, duplicating, moving to my real project.

Personally, I do like using the Asana import spreadsheet. That’s nice because it solves the problem for me – but it doesn’t for my organization. Asana is our tool; we don’t orient around having a “template upload spreadsheet”. We orient around Asana, and that’s where the templates should be.

That said – the solution should be inherent to the tool and operational at the organizational level, not a work-around that an individual can use just for themselves.

+1 to add this feature. this would work well for events that have similar exhibitor and sponsor packages with multiple requirements.

Yip - for sure +1 for this idea.

+1 for this idea

we need this feature for product management, it’s almost the same process everytime.

• 1 to add this feature

A big +1 from me too.
There’s a particular innovation process we run weekly which has new tasks created in the meeting for which we’d need to select the appropriate template. We were doing this is Trello earlier which made is super simple - it sucks that it’s harder in Asana and we’ll need to employ workarounds.

Another way to standardize tasks is to use forms

This is probably the most important feature I need right now. Getting my clients to create certain tasks in a specific way is impossible without this being a feature.