How to change the “when” part in the new rule setup window.

How to change the “when” part in the new rule setup window.
After the update of the rule setup, I am unable to change when the rule should be triggered. For instance, I got a recommendation to use When " the task status(old) is changed" Check if “Task status(old) is set to____” Do this “Move task to this section ____”.

I want to use the updated task status column instead of “task status (old)”. How can I do that?

Your trigger is already set to that value; there’s no need to change it.

This is set to "Check if “Task status(old) is set to Unspecified”. If you want to fire the rule based on some other value of “Task Status(old)”, then click on the “Check if” block and in the right-hand pane that displays, set the appropriate value.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to change the trigger under ‘WHEN’. In this case the “task status(old)” is no longer useful, and I want to swap it to "task status(new).

I understand I can click on the “Check if” block and in the right-hand pane that displays, I can change the value for the check if but I am unable to change the trigger value under ‘WHEN’ part.

Any advise?

You’ll need to click the trash can in the WHEN block to delete that trigger, then add the trigger you want to replace it.

1 Like

That’s the thing, since the new update there is no option to delete the WHEN block and use different column instead.
Here’s the snippet:

And if you hover your cursor over the “When” block, you don’t see a trash can icon, to let you delete that trigger?

If you don’t, then it seems like maybe a permissions issue; is it possible someone else created the rule and has the “Only you can edit the rue” option checked?

2 Likes