How do I stop subtasks popping up in board view?

I prefer to use Board view but for every project that my team creates I get an extra card for every subtask in a project.

For instance: A customer comm project has 7 subtasks assigned to me, and 12 subtasks total. For every subtask there is another card that shows up and it’s starting to clutter my flow.

Is there a way to have project cards, but not have a card for every subtask assigned to me? It would be great if I could have a rule that says that “if subtask is due less than X days from now, make a subtask card”. I just don’t need 29 cards for 5 projects that are going to be month long projects.

Welcome, @Shane_Ivey,

What you’re describing is not the native behavior of Asana.

What I think is happening that these subtasks are getting a project membership (Tab+P) in the project that the parent task is in. That would explain why they appear in the Board (or List) view.

That membership could be added manually or automated via a rule.

Check the Activity log in the detail pane for the subtask to see if you can learn how it happened. If you can’t determine that, your best bet is to contact Support:

Try these troubleshooting steps, then please 1) Report your problem by going to Report a Bug, clicking the New Topic button at the right, and following the instructions, or 2) To create a support ticket, go to www.asana.com/support (make sure you are logged in to Asana) > click the chat icon at the bottom right > type “speak to an agent” > click “Yes” > click “Something Else” > click “Create a support ticket.”

For the rule you’re asking for, you can’t do that natively in Asana but you can with Flowsana.net.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.