How do I get the tasks from my projects to show in “My Tasks” or “Inbox”?

I have dozens of projects with tasks and am noticing that unless I create a task under “My Tasks,” I’m not getting any notification of their due dates. How do I get asana to notify me of my tasks due dates when the tasks are part of a project?

Hi @Anayah_Ayoka! welcome the the forum :smiley:

Have you made sure that all these tasks are assigned to yourself and with a due date?

If you create a task in My Tasks, it automatically gets assigned to yourself, that is likely the reason you are experiencing this. :wink:

1 Like

I have not tried that. I will try it and see.

I am creating tasks in iOS in a Project. They are assigned to me and they have a due date. They are not appearing in My Tasks under Upcoming - even with due date of tomorrow. They are appearing in Recently Assigned. (Free version, Workspace ie a gmail address.

Welcome, @Jacqueline_Holmes,

That’s the expected behavior.

To learn about My Tasks default behavior, see:

For my suggested approach to My Tasks, have a look at:

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @Jacqueline_Holmes , welcome to the forum :wave:

Along with @lpb 's useful references, you may also want to try to click on ‘Group by’ top right in My tasks and select ‘Due date’ so that Asana’s predefined sections appear instead of the Custom sections.

Alternatively, for tasks to appear automatically in your custom sections, you will need to set up Rules from the Customize button, top right. eg. If due date is approaching, then move task to ‘Upcoming’ section.

1 Like