How can I sync all asana tasks to my outlook calendar all at once

I have determined how I can sync on a per project basis, but desire to sync all tasks in Asana to Outlook all at once . Is this possible?

Hi @Gary_Yowell,
I believe @James_Carl will be able to assist you with your Outlook question!

Best,
Alexis

Unfortunately I am focused on the creation of tasks from emails, I do not sync to Outlook Calendar or Outlook Tasks. I generally subscribe to Calendar items being events and not tasks but there certainly is room for different thoughts.

Thanks for your input @James_Carl! Helpful comment about syncing tasks to outlook calendar. With that @Gary_Yowell what are you hoping to achieve by syncing tasks to the calendar rather than events? Perhaps there’s something related we can do to support you.

Hi @Alexis - Thanks @James_Carl.

My ultimate goal is to directly sync all tasks onto an outlook calendar. Not necessarily on a one off basis, but literally everything we are placing into Asana syncing over to Outlook.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @Gary_Yowell,

At this time I believe we only offer a way to sync to outlook by project, tag, or my tasks. So, unless you’d like to add the same tag to all of your tasks somehow, you’ll have to sync project by project.

For more info, take a look at

Let us know if you have any other questions,
Alexis

1 Like

When I sync Asana with my outlook calendar, it creates multiple entries of the same thing. It seems to create a new entry for existing content each time I sync. How do I prevent this from happening. It’s confusing for me and for my team, who have access to my calendar.

Hi @Sarah_Nic_Lochlainn! Asana automatically syncs with Outlook once you have linked a project with your calendar (Sync Asana + Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple | Product guide • Asana Product Guide), you don’t need to manually re-sync it manually :wink:

If I add to the project, does it automatically resync it?

Yes it will @Sarah_Nic_Lochlainn :wink:

Is there a way to sync in the other direction? I want my Outlook meetings to appear as tasks in Asana so that I can more easily assess capacity just by looking at asana.

1 Like

Not at the moment @Josh_Williams, but I’d recommend adding your vote on this thread: Real time, two ways Calendar integration

1 Like

since, all tasks should appear in MY TASKS just sync my tasks and it will sync all!!!

1 Like

Linking to outlook:

1. Under a project, I would like only one Section with deadline dates to be added to the calendar (not the entire project). I have read the help section over and over and can’t seem to figure this one out.
  2. I want to be able to link this same section directly to the outlook calendars of the people assigned to those tasks. How do I get access to link to other calendars, not just mine?