How can I close projects?

Hi everybody, I would like to know how I can close a Project. When I’ve completed all its tasks it still appears on my project’s list even when it is done. Can I hide it? I wouldn’t like to delete it, just keep it hidden from my active projects because I could use it as template in the futre.

Thank you

Hi @Angelica_Vega! You have an option to archive these projects (Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide); alternatively, you can create a Team in which you can lodge all completed projects. Once your “Completed projects” Team is created, simply use the “Move to another Team” feature Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide to move your completed projects! Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Marie I liked the idea of a Team with Completed Projects
nice!

1 Like

Even when archived the project with all the tasks completed shows in red. There must be a simple way to close a project with grace that shows successfully completed in the reports.

1 Like

These are helpful options. I still think it is important to be able to officially close out a project before it is achieved. I would love to see this feature added to project details or the status update section.

5 Likes