High-Level Projects Overview

Hi all! I have been looking for months to find a better solution for high-level reporting in Asana that covers all projects, all teams, tasks, etc. This is to not only report out with my organization each week on what’s being worked on, but also to help myself as a manager plan projects and timelines accordingly. I don’t think the dashboard feature is very useful and also find the Google Sheets integration limiting.

That being said, I’ve recently turned to Power BI to see if I can make that work. Unfortunately, I haven’t figured out a way to analyze the data from multiple teams all at once. Does anyone know if this is possible?

If you’re already using Power BI, what are some tips you can provide or use cases? If not, what are some other tools you’re using for a high-level overview?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @kbuchanio, I don’t have any Power BI experience, but re your question about other tools, I created Asana2Go for flexible uses like this.

With Asana2Go, if you can use Asana’s Advanced Search to generate a helpful set of results (across Teams and Projects in your case), then you can work very flexibly with those results to design the output you’re looking for. But this could require a custom report because I don’t think the standard ones provided work suffice in your case.

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro Consultant at Trilogi Software

1 Like

Hi @kbuchanio did you take a look at Screenful add-on for Asana? It can aggregate data from multiple Asana projects and provides things like data driven forecasts based on your historical velocity.

1 Like

I will take a look at this, thank you!

I haven’t heard of it! Will certainly take a look though. I’ve tried multiple add ons like this and have found still that I’m still only able to look at tasks aggregated across projects versus the projects themselves. Thanks!