Hide completed subtasks

My family would love this. Bump!

+1 we moved from Trello to Asana recently, would be great t be able to toggle show/hide of completed subtask checklists

Why is it so easy to collate topics but not to solve the issues? The need to hide completed tasks is crucial to eliminate the noise.

This is an absolutely essential feature. An easy toogle or project based setting would be ideal. Really need this! Thank you!

3 Likes

Yes absolutely necessary ! Thank you

Any updates on this? Very necessary feature.

+1 … could really use this especially now LOL

Would be nice to be able to toggle the visibility subtasks that are completed. Some of our tasks have A LOT of subtasks so it would be nice to only see the ones that still need done.

Have a look at Hide completed subtasks =)

Thanks idk how I missed this… must not have been searching for the proper terms … thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do we have the feature now to toggle on/off completed and uncompleted subtasks?
At the moment, subtasks, once completed still remain in the list.
If you have a long list of subtasks then that involves a lot of scrolling down.
It would be so much better if one could display or hide completed subtasks.
Please advise.

For the love of all living creatures … dear team - please add this feature! As so many others here I’m drowning in completed subtasks which make practical use of Asana oddly unmanageable considering this awesomeness of everything else. Considering other options due to this. Shame!

Is there a workaround for this?

This thread is literally 2 years old and still no resolution for such a simple asks. Honestly, that’s pretty garbage. Issue is identified within hours of someone using it and the prod team has no solution? Time to get a different app in my opinion. @Marie

4 Likes

We’ve been using Asana for years, and this is the one thing that drives us absolutely nuts. This is quite possibly our only complaint about Asana. Why isn’t this at least an option we can toggle? I’m so sick of clicking “load more” and scrolling down every time I have a long subtask list. Come on Asana!!!

2 Likes

Hi all, the Workaround we do is we add a section (TAB +N) to each parent task that starts having to many subs and move all complete task below it…

I would love to have the option to hide checked subtasks on a task. For example, I have a SHARE STACK task that is always in “My Tasks” and it would feel much better to check off items, than to delete them.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Marian_Cerny :wave: and thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us.

We already have a thread requesting this functionality so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to consolidate feedback and votes. I hope it’s OK.

PS: I would recommend clicking on the “Vote” button at the very top of the thread to add your vote!

Have a nice Thursday!

1 Like

And if subtasks have dates attached can they then sort in date order.

Hi @Natalia, I had a team member ask me how to do this, and I ended up here. It looks like this is a limitation also of the Web app—could you consider removing the tags from thread for Android/iOS/mobile?

1 Like