Help - Remove weekends from task durations?

Requested multiple times since 2018. Pretty sensible request. Please add this feature.

This is a really strange design default, I don’t know why I’d want my team to count weekends as work time. Please fix.

2 Likes

Let us have the feature!

This is essential, it’s nonsense to have to pay an extra fee to get flowsana to have basics features that should be there natively. Are those ignored small essential things that keep stoping our teams to adopt Asana.

3 Likes

2023 and still no feature to remove weekends from task durations?

4 Likes

Hey @Alex_Rolleigh,

Might not exactly what you are looking for but should be helpful:

You can now shift your due dates for dependencies while avoiding weekends

Still no remove weekends feature? Commenting to hopefully bump this into being!

6 Likes

Is there a solution for this yet? Our team is also running into this same thing. Automating due dates sounds good in theory but Saturday/Sunday due dates are irresponsible and often missed.

3 Likes

Upvote this issue. It doesn’t work at all for me, need to remove weekends to see and calculate dates without weekends*

1 Like

I am a huge Asana fan!! Love the new rule builder, with the conditions, makes multi-layered rules so much easier, but having a rule that sets a due day for “3 days from now” without consideration for weekends or holidays. It seems to me that there should be a way in the system to define this organizations work days and/or days to avoid – for us would be Saturday & Sunday. Include the ability for the Asana Admin to select any days in which the organization is closed such as holidays.

Again the rules are fantastic, we have lots of automation in our projects, but it is quite frustrating to have it partially automated because if the rule triggers it could put the due date on a weekend or holiday which would then require them to manual adjust. Not the biggest issue in the world, but it seems like it would be pretty simple. And having these settings at an Admin level, they could be custom for each company regardless of their location and their business schedule. Then it will address many of the other issues I’ve read regarding due dates.

Hi Scott,

Just FYI our Flowsana integration has solutions for both of these things:

1. Our Set a Date Field rule action lets you choose to “Skip weekends”:

1. Our If tasks falls during a holiday or time off rule trigger lets you handle holidays, vacations, etc.

“Weekend Awareness” under Timeline Options mentioned above only seems to apply to a group of dependent tasks dragged around in timeline view. What we are looking for is being able to define relative due dates in number of business days when creating a task template: