Help Google Calendar Sync

Hi there!
I’m Eugenio, and I am really confused about the integration between Calendar and Asana. According to this guide, I understand I have two ways to sync the two apps:

1. The first is the native method. This should be automatic, but a little bit slower than the second. Also, I can’t sync the time of the task, which is not good.
  2. The second is the Google Calendar integration. I have a question about this second one: will it work only when I add a rule? Or can it be automatic as well? Second question: why, in rules, can I choose which calendar I want to add the event to, but if I go to Custom → Apps → Google Calendar → Sync settings, I can’t pick which calendar I want?

Also, it seems to me that with method 1, I am able to set a recurring task in Asana and see it, after some time, in Google Calendar (right?), but without the time of the task. With method 2, a recurring task doesn’t load on the Calendar, but if I move it manually, it actually keeps the time.

Since I really need the time, I tried this workaround.
I created a custom field (recurring tasks) with multiple choices: 1-week, 1-month, 10 days.
Then I set a rule that does this: when the recurring task field is modified → check how it was modified → if it’s 1 week, then mark the task as incomplete and move it by 7 days. I did the same with the other types of tasks. This seems to work.

Anyway, I just went down this rabbit hole and I’d really appreciate some help!
Thanks to anyone reading,
Eugenio

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :date: Google Calendar sync: The two methods (2024 Guide)