Help getting started

Hi, When I create a task it will not show up on my calendar, even after I select assignee and date.

Also, my calendar seems to have two colors, one is a circle than in a color bar but some are just colored circles with no colored bar. I am using it solo at the moment.

I looked but could not find answers for these.

Any help would be great.
thx
lincoln

Hi @Lincoln_Mayne
Welcome to the community…

Can you confirm a couple of things is the Calendar you are looking at My tasks calendar or a Project Calendar?

Is the assignee you or someone else?

It might also be helpful if you can attach some screen shots…

Also the Asana.Guide is a very helpful resource you can look through…

Regards

Jason.

3 Likes

Hi Jason,

Just checking if you are able to help fix the problems I’m experiencing.

Thx
Lincoln

Hi @Lincoln_Mayne

If you can provide the additional details and the screen shots it will help the community to be able to answer the question.

Without that it is hard to understand what the issue is

Regards

Jason.

Hi Jason,

I sent two screenshots to you on this email chain, did you get them? I’d forward that again the email to you.

thanks
Lincoln

Sorry @Lincoln_Mayne if you can add your screenshot here then myself and other members of the community will be able to assist

Just make sure you redact any private or sensitive information as this is a public forum.

Jason.

Hi Jason, In the attached screenshot, you can see I’ve chosen the assignee and date but it does not show up on my calendar, it is set for the 12th but no show. Also, I’m only allowed to upload one image, is this correct?

Here is another screen shot

Hi @Lincoln_Mayne

At first look it looks like the reason “Gotham Reading” is not showing in the Calendar view is that it is not in the same Project as “Fiction Writing Class”

Can you confirm both are in the Same Project and that the Calendar View you are looking at is from the Project…

The Coloured Circles just represent that it is assigned to you…

Regards

Jason.