Have a "Team Home Page" when you click on a team - with more overview information, urgent tasks, tagged tasks, reports, link to task list, etc

Currently, when you click on a team name in the sidebar, it takes you to the “Conversations” page of the team, with the option at the top to go to “Calendar”.

I feel this is a missed opportunity to have more overview information on all of a team’s projects.

It would be great if clicking on the team name on the sidebar did not go to the Conversations page, but, instead, took you to a Team Home Page which has a list of Projects (customisable which ones), and with incomplete tasks displayed under each one. It could also show urgent tasks due in the next day, next 3 days, next week, tasks with certain tags, and so on (customisable).

On top of this, it would be great if you also had a link to a page that displays all outstanding tasks (split my project). So the top bar would be “Conversations” , “Calendar”, “Tasks”. At the moment, it is very strange that I can’t list all my projects and all tasks for a team on one page without making a report, further, at the moment, that report is under “Reports” in the sidebar, and can’t be moved to the relevant team.

Even better would be to be able to make custom reports and have them linkable from this Team Home Page or the top bar, or at the very least, put those reports on the sidebar under a team name rather than in the reports section.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Great idea!

1 Like

Thanks! I just feel like clicking on a team should take you to information/an overview about that team and what’s going on. Otherwise it’s a bit of a waste, really!

It seems especially odd right now that you can’t list all tasks by project when you click on a team.

3 Likes

I would be surprised this is not something they would be working on. Great idea!

2 Likes

Hopefully there are! It seems like it would be a really useful feature.

This is something I need desperately for my design and support team. Thank you for bringing this forward. I hope Asana sees this and puts something in place soon.

1 Like

I think the best thing to do is keep this post alive by adding messages! Ha.

Honestly surprised it hasn’t been suggested before. It would be really great!

I noticed that this change has happened but wanted to suggest on this that a little preview of the most recent conversation or an overall progress bar or something would be nice. Instead of just serving as the introduction to the team. That way there’s more of “what the team is up to” rather than just “who they are.” - We keep our meeting notes in Team Conversations and use the Status Updates, so pulling one of those into the top of this new page would give a little more depth to the “Team Home Page” idea.

1 Like

Something definitely missing is the ability to see all tasks under a team, grouped by project or as a simple list.

The only way to do this is to create a custom report, but it really should be integrated in to the team home page, possibly called “team task list”.

Hi,

I apologize if this is a repeat of other requests, so please feel free to merge wherever this should go. I searched around but could not find a request for an Asana-wide Activity Feed

There is this post here:

But I am looking for a feed that would cover the entirety of what happens in all of Asana. In my set up, users are in multiple teams, which I use more like “Spaces” as I have a small team that wears many hats.

This is a key feature of Jira, for which we just got a very close integration, so that’s an example of the usefulness.

I have in mind things like

• when a task is updated in any way: that could be edits to the description, comments, custom fields changed, etc.

• Changes in Projects status.

• Conversation updates around Asana.

I think this would be a great addition the “Home” section

And to go along with the quoted request, I would definitely like to see a similar feed on a Team and Project basis. All that involves is filtering this entire activity stream around those containers within Asana.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for the consideration!

1 Like

it does not exist indeed

Hi @Natalia, I saw you merged my previous post about a Asana-wide Activity Feed over to this.

I understand this seems related, but to clarify, I’m talking about something for All of Asana Per my post, I use Teams for may different groupings of tasks & projects. I have a small team, so we don’t have enough people to have groups that work solely within Asana “Teams.” If you look at most other Work Management apps, the equivalent of your guys’ “Teams” are frequently called “Spaces” or something equivalent, and essentially a way to group Projects.

What I’m missing is an activity feed of Everything in Asana. So this request, about a feed for just a Team, is not actually what I’m asking for. As I mentioned, this is a huge benefit of Jira, a very popular app I’m sure many of your users are also working in along with Asana.

Another software development app that is gaining popularity which I’ve used, Clubhouse, also has newly released this feature:

I think in fact this post more accurately is in line with what I’m looking for:

Thanks Natalia in advance for looking at this. Just want to make sure it’s clear what I’m talking about here!

With the update of the project overview tab, is there a plan to implement similar changes at the team level? We find that a lot of the key resources and project briefs could be more useful at a team level

2 Likes

Hi @Jamess, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We do have a similar feedback thread for this request already open in the Forum so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this one to consolidate feedback. I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted on the main thread if I have any updates from our Product team :rocket:

Having a “team homepage” would be super helpful. Currently it just has a few tabs and projects, but it would be nice if there was a notification center and almost a space for you and your team to work and see an overview of everything including requests/tasks that the team was mentioned in.

@mentioning a team in a task, description or anything would be amazing.

2 Likes

Now that Goals are being strongly promoted in Asana updates, it would be consistent to add a Goals section on the team page. Goals are at least at the same level as Projects (if not more, you create projects to achieve goals), and Projects already have a section there.

(Sorry if this has been requested somewhere else already. I searched.)