Harvest integration doesn't select correct project/task

We’ve been using the Harvest integration with Asana for quite a while. We’ve noticed that lately when we hit the timer button in Asana, it does not usually select the correct project for timing. It seems to just default to the first project in our list. Is there a way to fix this?

As a side note, we manually create our projects in Harvest and use Zapier to create them in Asana.

Hi @Monica_Burden! This sounds like it could be a Harvest bug rather than an Asana issue. I suggest that you reach out to Harvest support if you haven’t already.

Having this same issue. It works about 90% of the time, but for that other 10%, if we are not careful, we end up with billing mistakes.

1 Like

Issues still exists. Is the Harvest Asana integration developed by Harvest or by Asana?

Sorry for the delay in responding @Dumitru_Andronache!

The Harvest Asana integration is developed by Harvest. You can contact Harvest Support following these steps: Contact Help & Support | Harvest

Have a great week Dumitru! :slight_smile:

I am sorry to say this, but there is no decent time tracking integration with Asana. Harvest experience is unsatisfactory. Relying on Chrome extensions is also not feasible. I am thinking to build my own integration with a time tracking tool I like.

It would be awesome Asana having its own time tracking. Now, I am using a numeric custom field for that. It’s too basic.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you are not having a good experience with time tracking integrations @Dumitru_Andronache and I completely understand where you are coming from.

There is an existing thread in the #productfeedback category requesting a native Time tracking
In case you haven’t yet, I would suggest to upvote it: Please build time tracking into Asana

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us Dumitru! I hope you have a great Friday!