Guests added only to tasks can't add feedback

Continuing the discussion from Team / Task Guests and Proofing:

I am currently trying to add guests to proof documents in a task. These guests only have access to those particular tasks and not whole projects as we don’t want them to view whole projects and get overwhelmed.

However, whenever we add guests as a collaborator to only a task and not a project, they get a pop-up saying they can’t add feedback unless they upgrade. I’ve tested it myself and created a test account with my personal email and gotten the same issue.

It’s very frustrating because clients believe they have to pay in order to proof the commissioned work. It’s also creating a huge bottleneck in workflow because now we need to have clients proof via email, when the whole point of a project management system is to keep communication streamlined and easy.

And as a user, on the same task, you can add feedback?

Are you operating as a Division instead of an organization?

Hello!

yes, as a user I can add feedback and guests who have access to the whole project are also able to add feedback to the document.

I’m not sure if I’m operating as a division or an organization. How can I check/change that?

Sorry to follow up on this so soon but support also hasn’t reached back out to me and our clients are getting increasingly frustrated and upset.

Is there any number I could call or any documentation of similar issues being resolved? I haven’t found any in my searches into the forums but just checking.

@Vanessa_Silva - your best bet for support will be to wait for Asana to respond (don’t respond to your own email thread, as that will lower the aging and thus push it down their queue). Maybe someone on the @Forum-team can check on status for you.

In the meantime, if you are an admin of your instance, you can check your plan details by opening the admin console and tabbing to billing.

If you invite a guest to the project, does it let them proof? If so, while you wait for support, perhaps you could create a few temporary projects and multi-home those proof tasks to that project and add the guests as members. Not a long-term solution but may at least get you up and running until you hear back.

One other thought: what are the permission settings on these projects? If task collaborators are set as either viewer or commenter, could you change that to editor and see if that helps?

@Stephen_Li Got it, thanks!

1. Yes, in billing it shows Division. I can’t see anything in settings to change it to an organization.
  2. That could be a good temporary solution… I’ll call my project managers to see if we can do that for a few days.
  3. The task collaborators are set to editors

Thank you!

In a division, a member only becomes a paid member when added as team member or project member. I guess something similar is happening here: a guest can’t access paid features if only added at the task level. For me, this is expected behaviour.

@Julien_RENAUD any insights?

1 Like