Grouping of columns in list view

I’m currently limited in the number of columns available in list view against an individual task.

I’d like to have the ability to add more columns but to also keep it manageable by creating ‘named column groups’ so that I can expand and collapse them as needed.

e.g.
Tasks = store quantity

Fruit group

• Apples
  • Oranges
  • Pears

Bread group

• White
  • Brown
  • Gluten Free

etc.

Interesting use case. I never heard anything about such a thing, but you were right to create a thread for it! Make sure to upvote it yourself.

Hello @NateAus,

hm as a workaround I am sure you are already considering custom fields and then filtering based on that and the total quantity can be displayed when setting up reports.

Also I have seen many use a combination of tasks and subtasks for similar cases and then they use the column function in list view to either create a sum, average, etc
But I don’t recommend this when there are a lot of subtasks under a task as it will get quite messy and there is a limitation for the max subtasks to use the calculation feature, see point 4.9 here.

What might also work is to have one main project and then several others per group such as “Fruit Group”, “Bread Group”, etc
Then the tasks that fit into a group are multihomed. This way you can see only these tasks there then and can work.

Also here is a feedback request thread that I think could be interesting for you:

2 Likes