my tasks - list view - projects are now shown for all individual tasks

Hello community,

I have a problem with the list view. Although all my tasks are assigned to specific projects, only for some of them the project is displayed in the respective column in list view. How can I fix that?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Marion

Welcome, @anon76887784,

Is it possible that the rows that show no project are actually subtasks, not tasks?

Those would appear as:

Subtask name < Parent task name

That’s intended behavior, I’m afraid. You can choose to make subtasks belong to a project by showing them in the task detail pane and clicking Tab+P. They will appear in the main tasks list then too. You can choose to make a Hidden Subtasks section, collapse it, and home those tasks there to get them out of the way if you like.

Larry

Hi Larry,

thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

You’re right, they are all subtasks. The thing is, I have a lot of similar projects with similar subtasks and I would like to see immediately which project they belong to in the list overview (and not just in the detail pane). When I assign them to a project by clicking Tab+P, it looks the way I want it. But then these tasks are added again to the project as a task, although they are already in the project as a subtask. So this is not very helpful, as it messes with the structure of my projects.

To avoid this, would I have to reorganize all of my projects without using any subtasks? What’s the use of subtasks then?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to change the technical implementation so that subtasks are automatically displayed to be part of the same project as the task?

Thanks in advance for your insights :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Marion

2 Likes

Hey Marion-

This has been a request since 2017 and you can upvote it here [link here] if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Thanks @Rebecca_Bowen :slight_smile: I just did. Can’t believe this hasn’t been resolved for so long. It would make Asana so much better. Best regards, Marion