Global Rules would rule! Create a library for Rules

Great idea @Rashad_Issa
What about creating a separate feature request for this?

1 Like

Thanks Paul. I just realised this was a separate feedback but someone went ahead and merged it by mistake. @Marie and @Nao_Kumazaki could you please help and u merge my feedback from this thread?

We hope bundles will easily enable teams to drive consistency across workflows, and push out updates to multiple projects that are already in-flight – in just a few clicks! :sparkles:

Check out: Standardize and scale processes across teams — with workflow bundles

2 Likes

Chiming in here. Yes! I’ve upvoted this, but reiterating how INCREDIBLY useful this would be. I work in an agency and I’m constantly setting up duplicate projects and processes for each client. Being able to build this into a global rules library and pull from it would be huge instead of having to recreate from scratch every time. Not to mention it will cut down on setup errors or missing steps when you’re putting it together. It’s easy to miss something with so many moving parts.

Hi @Leigh_Cara1 , welcome to the forum :wave:

Instead of duplicating projects, you could use Project templates with pre-built rules instead of building them from scratch each time. Just thought this may help until a Rules Library becomes a thing, hopefully soon! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes, a library for rules would be great!

Hi @Raina_J_Boyd ,

Have you checked out bundles (only available on Enterprise/+ currently)? They allow you to reproduce rules/fields/etc. across many projects and push updates to all those projects at once.

2 Likes

Hi! Yes, I just learned about bundles on the webinar today. Thanks for the link so I can read more on it!

3 Likes

Hello! I would really like the ability to copy a rule I have built and then modify it, instead of having to build multiple mostly-similar rules by hand. Every thread I find suggesting this has been merged into this one, but I do not see how this solves the much simpler problem of trying to duplicate one single rule within the same project. Maybe I’m missing something?

Hi @Stephen-G

You are right, this is a different post. Here is the feedback I submitted which you can upvote:

I think this is part of bundles in a way.

Will a rules library creation ever be prioritized?

Hi @Brian_Carroll , as @JeremieBergeron and @Stephen_Li rightly pointed out, above, a Rule library can be essentially created using the Bundles feature which is exclusive to the Enterprise tiers.

1 Like

Seriously, guys, it never crossed my mind that you wouldn’t have a way to copy rules between projects, or access them in a similar vein to the field library. This needs to happen ASAP, otherwise you’re needlessly making things much harder than they need to be. Thanks.

Please, please, please! This is soooo needed. It’s time consuming to not only create the same rule in multiple projects but then to have to update that rule in each project whenever I need to change the criteria. It would be so valuable to be able to save these to the library, like we do with fields, so they can be created and updated once and then apply to all projects. This is one of my biggest pain points with Asana.

Hi @Wendie_Hipolito , perhaps you missed this, above. If you or your company can afford the Enterprise tier, the Bundles feature is totally worth it and does exactly what you describe!

what is the starting price for Enterprise?

I agree, a copy, this would be very helpful, especially with existing project, and templates. Bundle does not quite cut it, if you don’t want the rule to update across projects later.

Oh my goodness! Why don’t we have this feature yet???

Hi @Cathrina_Dionisio , you could if you upgrade to an Enterprise tier where you will have tue Bundles feature! DM me if you want more details. :slight_smile: