Get the dependant milestones more obvious

Hi guys !

I had a first question about milestones, about the fact that we cannot assign them a period as a deadline. Reading the Asana guide post on this subject and in particular this part allowed me to understand why there could only be one due date :

Milestones mark specific points in time along a project timeline in order to track major progress points that must be reached to achieve success. In Asana, they exist as a new task type. This means any task that’s being tracked in a project can now be marked as a Milestone.

However, I think they could be “upgraded” if we get them more obvious when they are dependent on other tasks. As key time markers, it makes more sense that they often have dependencies on other classic tasks.

Currently, a dependent milestone is indistinguishable from a non-dependent milestone. The milestone icon is always a green-outlined diamond with an empty interior :

My suggestion : add an hourglass inside the milestone icon to mark the dependence on one or more other tasks :

1 Like

Hi @Brice_Fischer, thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like