Get Organization's Subscribed Plan

Is there a way to retrieve the organization’s subscribed plan (e.g. Premium, Business, Enterprise or Free)?

I think you can’t. You can try to guess by trying to use features available only for different plans. I recall a conversation about this topic in the community, you might get lucky using the search field. @Phil_Seeman does that ring a bell?

I was hoping that I just need to set the correct opt_fields and I will be able to get the plan already. So far, I am only able to know if it’s free or a paid account if I try to retrieve the custom_fields. This is because I get this error message “Custom Fields are not available for free users or guests.” when a free account calls that particular API.

Unfortunately just querying for custom fields isn’t enough - if any team in an organisation has been upgraded, you will be able to query the custom fields. But if you then try adding fields to a project in a non-upgraded team it will fail.

I have resorted to checking if fields are present on any project in a team to determine its plan status, but obviously if no projects are present or they don’t yet use fields this will fail.

I would love to see a ‘plan’ field on workspaces and teams, or a way to query supported features.

1 Like

Same here.

Just to confirm what’s already been said here:

• Be cognizant of the fact that the granularity of “which plan” and thus feature availability is more granular than just “the organization’s subscribed plan”.
  • There’s no data element one can query to determine whether a particular workspace/team for a particular user is premium, business, etc.

There’s more discussion of this topic here - in particular, note that posts by Jeff and Daniel from Asana:

3 Likes

@Phil_Seeman it’s been 2 years, any new ways to determine the plan?

Nope, sorry! I know, it would be a great thing to have…

Of course, as we’ve recently been discussing @Bastien_Siebman, it’s not as simple as “what is a given user’s plan?” or “what is a given organization’s plan?” and that might be partly or wholly why this info isn’t available via the API.

A user can be part of multiple plans - which one is relevant would depend on any specific task and what projects it lives in, and then where those projects live.

And an organization can have multiple plans within it if it’s a free org; again the relevant plan could be different depending on the specifics of a given task and where it lives.

Ouch.

I’m not even sure how you would communicate all of that via API call(s).