General area for notes - notepad

Wondering if there is anywhere within each project (or in general) that has a notepad of sorts? I like to keep notes from discussions, thoughts, ideas, etc but that is neither a conversation nor a task. If it doesn’t exist can someone make it happen? Would be a very remedial and standard feature I’d think!

Thanks!

6 Likes

Not exactly, but here are a few options:

1. Use the Update section of the Progress tab in the project if the notes are kept fresh.
  2. Create a task called “Notes” and use the description field.
  3. Create a Google Doc or file in Dropbox or Box and attach it to the project. This is slightly less convenient than a notes field but will accomplish the same effect with a lot more formatting features.
3 Likes

The “Notes” task is probably the best bet. Thanks so much, great ideas!

2 Likes

Hi @Mark_Yaeger! I’ll let you know how I take notes to add to @Craig_Fifer’s “notes” task suggestion. I have a project called “Meetings” where each task contains meeting notes in the task description. The project acts as a reference area and I don’t check off any tasks. You could do the same thing and/or create a project called “Notes” or “Meetings and Notes.”

3 Likes

I like all of @Craig_Fifer’s ideas. In particular, using the progress tab

3 Likes

Thanks Alexis… that’s a good option as well!

2 Likes

I’d still love to see a notes field. I use the description area for other things, but I guess I have to use it for notes. I love Asana, but there are a few things about it which frustrate me. Even if I created a template, there wouldn’t be a notes field.

9 Likes

@Theresa_Jennings feel free to submit your feedback as a thread in the #productfeedback category :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Agreed! Would love a place to have general “Notes” to be stored.

1 Like

such a feature would be very helpful.

There’s a product feedback request that you can vote on to get the developers looking at this feature.
https://forum.asana.com/t/adding-notes-capabilities-into-asana/14661

I would also desperately like to have a section that functions as a collaborative notepad. The problem with using a Notes task is that it can only be edited by one person at a time. Is there any way to bring something in more along the lines of Evernote?

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Natalie_Grover!
I mean general important notes about a project could be added to the overview

Another option is under „Home“ where you have widgets with one of them being a notepad.

And here is a feedback request thread you might be interested in upvoting.

I am new to Asana. We have just started to use it internally. One of the first things I looked for was were to add notes to a project, and a “little” surprised there isn’t this functionality other than using the description part of a task. This seem a bit of a fudge and an obvious gap in functionality.

Welcome, @Ian_Scott1, and others from this very old thread! A lot is new in Asana since this thread started.

Short notes about a project can be added in Edit project details:

That info, essentially a project description/notes, can also be found by clicking the Overview tab, where there’s also the opportunity to add a larger Project Brief with Asana most modern editor.

Either approach should address this need.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi all, if you’re interested in a Docs functionality, you should vote on this Asana Docs proposed feature. 🦄 Asana Docs

1 Like