Full adjustments of column width in project's List view

Why is resizing column width in listview so limited? - you can make it as large/ wide as you want, but can only make it small/ narrow up to a point, creating a ton of wasted white space for the “task name” column, and other custom columns that can’t go smaller. Why not give users full functionality to resize columns to their liking? Also, the font size is frustratingly small - why not give users the ability to make font larger or smaller?

This lack of view/ size customization is a huge limitation and possibly enough for our company to switch to another product.

10 Likes

Totally agreed. This is awful UX. I see comments about column widths going back to 2017. Grrr.

6 Likes

Has this been addressed and fixed? I read other posts about the dropdown - looks like it’s only for the browser version. What is the way to adjust column width in the desktop app?

3 Likes

New to Asana, and would love to reduce width of task name column. Just wasted space, and could view so much more of my board with this function. Has this been fixed?

3 Likes

Task names currently don’t take the full width of the column, leaving a large right margin the width of the down arrow.

3 Likes

pls change!!

2 Likes

Can this simple feature to resize the task name please be added! Lots of people at my workplace are debating on other platforms because of this.

4 Likes

Has this been addressed?

No, about to leave Asana for this very reason. Shocking it hasn’t been addressed yet. Monday looks far better on this front but their customer support is abysmal. Sad that this has been a request for 3 years on this thread alone! What about people working with 15inch laptops in the field? Makes you think about how much attention that Devs and support give to pretty simple UX fixes really. Should have been done a long time ago. Wasted space.

1 Like

And Asana employ 1782 employees! Seems that their organisational structure has grown too big and lost touch with its users. Shame. It happens though.

1 Like

I believe you can do this with 3 dots option on the browser. We desperately need the same feature for ios other. The context switching between apps is horrible.

1 Like

This is long overdue. The other issue is when you reopen the project ALL column width go back to default. This should not happen.

2 Likes

How unprofessional is this?

The [task name] column cannot be made smaller/wider + [projects] cannot be made smaller, only wider. I mean, just look at that ratio. How did anyone think users would be happy with that? : (

Asana is already a very, very chaotic tool - I always use it on 80 % scale as it is less ‘#EverythingLittleThingAtOnce’ that way. It saddens me that a bug like this is still not solved by Customer Service or the UX/UI team.

1 Like

Hello! Can there be some acknowledgment if we may see this feature in the near future or not? Thank you!

3 Likes

Hello @_Fabio,

The other user you tagged has not deleted your comment.
It was flagged due to inappropriate language used. If you ask for help or post feedback please do so in a professional friendly manner, see the welcome post.

I‘d also like to refer to this post where you can read about how Asana listens to customers:
**Read me first** How you can give feedback and what we do next

Asana is monitoring the views and votes of feedback request threads and new features and improvements are launched regularly, see the release notes.

Hope that gives you a better overview :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @_Fabio, thank you for sharing your feedback in regard to the ability to adjust the column width.

I understand the concerns mentioned in your post. However, I kindly request that you maintain a constructive and respectful tone in your feedback. You can refer to our Community Forum Guidelines for more details.

We highly value user feedback and have actively used it to enhance Asana over the years. While we may not be able to address every request immediately, we have dedicated customer feedback process is designed to prioritize and address requests effectively. For more information on how we handle feedback and feature requests, please check out this post.

Your input is crucial to our improvement, and we appreciate your cooperation in keeping our community a positive and collaborative space.

Lastly, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience with our support chatbot. I have just reached out to you via direct message offering support on this. If you prefer an alternative way to get support, please let us know, and we’ll do our best to assist you.

3 Likes

I know this was discussed in the past in this thread:

But even set to narrow our columns are still really wide for some of our fields (for instance priority). Is the ability to custom make them more narrow, or adding an even narrower option coming? It’s hard to see all of our fields at the same time.

Welcome, @Liz28,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread where you can click the title to scroll to the top and vote by clicking the purple Vote button.

Thanks,

Larry

Any news on fixing this issue? It’s really annoying!

I am curious about this topic as well, a column width is a very annoying but easily fixable problem I suppose. Update us, please!

1 Like