Forwarding an email with attachment

Hi, I have been trying to forward an email I have received to a project email address. It has an attachment (quotation). I would like to be able to forward these emails to the relevant project so my clients can see these and comment in one place. Every time I try it bounces back. Is it something I am doing wrong, or does this feature not exist?

Hi @Crista_Debenham-Smit, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Could you confirm what is the size of the attachment you are trying to add? Are you creating this task by email to x@mail.asana.com or are you using a integration? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Emily,

I am trying to send it to project-name@asana…

The attachments aren’t large and come through to my Gmail account easily

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me, @Crista_Debenham-Smit! This seems strange. Could you please contact our support team and share the URL of this thread? They will be able to assist you further and investigate more details! You can contact them following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

@Emily_Roman I was reading through this thread and notice that @Crista_Debenham-Smit mentioned she was emailing to project-name@asana…

Is that a valid address or does she need to email x+projectID@mail.asana.com instead?

1 Like

Great catch, @LEGGO! Thank you!

@Crista_Debenham-Smit apologies for any confusion! The email address you should forward emails to Asana is x+projectID@mail.asana.com.

You can manually identify your project’s email address by using the project’s unique ID:

• Open any project
  • Your Project ID is the string of numbers in your project’s URL (it should look like https://app.asana.com/0/projectID/list )

To create a task in your project via email, send an email to x+projectID@mail.asana.com . For example, if your projectID is 123 , you would email x+123@mail.asana.com .

Let us know if this solves the issue!

1 Like