[Forms] Remove Custom Field content from Description

Hello everybody,
In my opinion not all fields from the submitted form should be placed in the description field but only the ones that are connected to the description field.
Now you get all this information in the description field when at the same time the corresponding custom fields have already this information.

Hi @Giorgos_Noulikas, thanks for reaching out!

This is a very good question! You are right, you can add custom fields as questions in your form and when someone fills it out, their answer will map directly to the custom fields in your project.

If you need the text to be added to a field instead of the Task description, you can follow these steps:

1. Create Text custom field in your project:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 16.03.09

1. Add it to your form:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 15.58.17

Let me know if this doesn’t answer your question and I’ll be happy to assist you further!

Hello @Emily_Roman. My request is that I do not want all the answers of the form to be placed in Task Description field.
In this image you can see that all fields are filled in the corresponding custom field but in the description field too. In the description field I need only the responses from the questions that are connected to the description field.
I hope I mede it clear this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I see what you mean, @Giorgos_Noulikas! Thank you so much for the screenshot and clarifying your request :star:

I have slightly changed the thread title to make it more searchable for other users and I’ve also move it back to the feedback category.

I’ll keep this thread updated when we have news about this option. I hope this helps and thanks again for sharing this great request!

In opposite, I think that provides a good summary of the entire answer, and makes it easier to read, especially if the task is part of several projects with other fields…

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, I understand your point of view but this way you get all the information twice. Why have the same information in 2 places? Custom fields are there just for this reason.

3 Likes

For me the description will hold the value upon submissions, and then the task will live its life. You’ll still be able to go back in the comment thread and look at the initial version of the description and get original answers :man_shrugging:

Hi all!
I’m in process of integrating Asana Forms in whole company and also have problems with dublicated information in Custom Fields and Description. It’s so annoying, please, give us the option to automatically delete info from Description which is already in Custom fields :upside_down_face:

Hello everyone,

I was asked by a team member this week about forms being added to the tasks description. I’m voting to have option to not duplicate form in the description.

Chris

@Christopher, I know it has been some time since you have posed but did you see that there is a setting within Forms that allows you to enable/disable whether all responses are copied to the task description? With this disabled it only copies those that are not mapped to specific custom fields.

1 Like

I did not know that, thanks Jerod the Wise

1 Like

@Emily_Roman or @Marie would you consider this Topic launched/closed?

Yes, since there is now an option to disable the option to have all answers copied in the task description, I think we’re good closing it out :slight_smile: Thanks @LEGGO :+1:t3: