FORMS - Logic - Automating Rules

We need IF/Then logic so the forms can be more dynamic. For example, we may want to hide 5 questions unless the user selects a specific item. This could be a check box, multi-select, or dropdown result. Basically something like:

IF Dropdown-X = “shoot” THEN show shoot/event panel

or if you aren’t going to employ panels or sections, then it could just be multiple IF/Then statements like:

IF Dropdown-X = “shoot” THEN show Q10
IF Dropdown-X = “shoot” THEN show Q11
IF Dropdown-X = “shoot” THEN show Q12
IF Dropdown-X = “shoot” THEN show Q13

2 Likes

Allow form branching/ skip/hide question like that which is available in Wufoo and MS Forms to Asana Forms.

I want our form submitters to see questions on the form specific to their responses to previous questions. They should be able to jump from one question to another in a form according to the responses to specific questions.

3 Likes

Hi there,

I am loving the new automation rules on projects and wondered if this is soon going to be extended to forms? Ideally we would like to be able to design forms that are responsive to user input e.g. if a specific option is selected from a drop down in a form than additional information is requested.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Clare

Hi @Clare_Stone :wave: Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

There is an existing thread in the Forum regarding this topic so I’m merging your post with this main thread to avoid duplications and consolidate votes. I hope it’s OK :grinning:

Have a great Wednesday!

Thanks Natalia, happy to have this all consolidated :slightly_smiling_face:

Do we have any indication on whether or not this is on Asana’s road map? Would just like to inform our planning on whether we can use Asana in this way any time soon or do we need to find an alternative. Preferably we could just stick with Asana :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I don’t have any update to share at the moment @Clare_Stone but as soon as I do, I’ll make sure to share it here. :slight_smile:

Happy Thursday!

Hi @Natalia, do you have any updates to share regarding the implementation of logic within Asana forms? Thanks!

3 Likes

I would also like to add another vote for logic.

1 Like

I also vote for logic. Is there an app or API guidelines (to code manually) to help here?

1 Like

Hi Natalia - wondering if there’s been an update to this request for automating forms logic/making form fields conditional. I am encouraging my entire org to use one form as a ticket/request mechanism. B2B and B2C divisions have 70% common requirements but the last 30 % are custom to both. I would ideally like to show the specific fields on selection of some previous fields, but right now don’t see that supported on Asana. The alternative is to show all fields but it really makes the form ugly and unworkable. Please suggest

1 Like

I’d like to be updated on this as well.

1 Like

This idea is a must have!

1 Like

I’d like to see this as well. Supposedly it’s available to Business customers per the help page for forms (Create Forms in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide) but the documentation for branching logic is incomplete and I’ve not been able to locate the feature in my account even though I have Business.

Hi @Josh_Couch, welcome to the community forum and thanks for reporting this! We have some upcoming updates for Forms but these features are not available yet. Apologies for any confusion! We’ll make sure to keep this thread updated as soon as we have more information!

Hi all!

I’m excited to announce we’ve started rolling out Forms Branching!

With this new feature, you can associate follow-up questions to drop-down or multi-select answers. For example, if a user selects a specific answer in the drop-down, they automatically receive a follow up question related to that answer. You can also create more follow up questions for those answers, it’s be possible to have up to 5 branches per question.

Please find more details and screenshots in our recent announcement here:

Thanks @Francesco_Alessi for requesting this feature initially! :tada:

We’re rolling out this update gradually, so don’t worry if you can’t access this feature just yet, it will be available to everyone within the next couple of days/weeks!

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.