Forms: Allow removal of Name and Email fields

Bumping this up as well. Just watched someone from Asana demo moving to the bottom and marking inactive as only workaround. Seems like a not great solution to a problem that shouldnā€™t really exist.

2 Likes

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY let us remove the two mandatory fields.

3 Likes

I am using google forms instead of asana forms because I canā€™t remove email and name.
These fields are irrelevant to my workflow.
Kind of a bummer that I am forced to find a 3rd party solution because I canā€™t remove these fields.

• 1 to everyone else in this thread.
4 Likes

I know this seems like a trivial request, but itā€™s really getting in the way of our workflow and already wasted so much of my time trying to integrate a 3rd party solution.

Please, please make these fields optional.

1 Like

Itā€™s really a shame we canā€™t even rename the field to be ā€œUsernameā€ because often times users report using their full name and in gaming communities itā€™s not uncommon for especially third party testers to use usernames, causing confusion for us if a user submits with a name we donā€™t recognize. The ability to remove/use fields with larger scopes would reduce the amount of time per submission (confusion on Name field and putting N/A for email because we donā€™t use it) and thatā€™s really valuable to us.

1 Like

Even survey forms like google and typeform, where participant data is usually mandatory, allows for the flexibility of removing name/email.

So there is no real use case that necessitate compulsory name/email fields. Let your customer decide on what they need, please.

2 Likes

New to Asana and just looking at building my first form and have to agree with sentiments here, would also like for submitter name to be optional.

In my current scenario Iā€™m building a form to see how it operates, we want to retire our legacy Project Scoping document which was always word based. Want to see if I can make it into a form that when submitted, becomes a task in someones project submission.

So ideally Iā€™d actually like taht field to have the option of being a reference field of existing Asana members, as in our scenario, Iā€™m never asking anyone outside of Asana to populate this form, its being done by the project owner themselves as part of submission for approval.

3 Likes

Same to me - today. Please let us remove these default fields.
I want to organize internal tickets in a smart way. So, I am using an asana premium account, but I am looking for a smart and easy way to organize internal feedback of an webshop development. So normally people sending an email with 1ā€¦ to 10ā€¦ list. Perhaps attachments with screenshots. ā†’ Ok, of course I can find another cloud service solution, but it would be so easy with asana. Just make photo or screenshot, sending with smartphone and two included field for the ticket card (or user story). Nobody will fill in email address and name 10 times for each card. So, please asana find a way for it. I am using your service as a payer for years.
BR, Claus

2 Likes

:pray:

2 Likes

+1 to removing. Please!

2 Likes

Piling on. I would like to be able to either remove these fields or map them to a custom field. Having this appear in the description isnā€™t our workflow.

2 Likes

Raising my hand on this one as well. This thread has been open for quite some time and, still, today I am running into the same issue. Something so small yet so frustrating to the user. Seems like a quick win to me.

2 Likes

+1 for me too, those fields are useless and we should at least be able to hide them.

2 Likes

+1 here

2 Likes

Iā€™m here to echo others frustrations. Itā€™s so annoying I canā€™t remove these fields and makes the form not fit for what I need.

2 Likes

:point_up: :pray:

1 Like

Agreed with this - a simple delete button in the top right corner like all the other field would be great.

Like many other users - I just want to be able to see the submitters ā€˜Nameā€™ in the list view and currently arenā€™t able to because of this.

1 Like

Just bumping again to point out we have switched to Google Forms completely for a working form we have control over. Your paying customers shouldnā€™t have to use 3rd party apps as a workaroundā€¦

I went to search if I could do this same thing. I want the email question but I have it as one of my fields that allows me to more readily see it in my project and then if needing to email them I can export the data and it is all there in the field but the default not only wonā€™t allow me to get rid of this, it wonā€™t allow me to change it from being added to the task description rather than a field I have developed.

Can you please advise on an ETA of when this will be looked at?

Thanks Mandy Ford

Itā€™s really silly that you require these in your forms. We canā€™t we create tasks without this info?