Forms: Allow removal of Name and Email fields

Same here. we are using this for our team members to request things from marketing. no need for email address.

2 Likes

Joining this discussion. We use forms for our internal members, hence we do not require certain parts of the form. Please allow us to remove them.

2 Likes

Agree. This is for internal team members who are well known and forcing them to type an email address is wasted effort.

3 Likes

Ditto. Remove, hide, renameā€¦ Iā€™ll take anything to get it off there.

1 Like

Iā€™ve created custom fields to contain the name of the requester, and at this point Iā€™ll have to instruct users to input the data twice or to ignore the ā€œNameā€ field. This is sloppy and a poor user experience for our clients when using these forms. Iā€™m debating writing a custom form integration to work around this issue (time consuming, but better for users)

2 Likes

This is actually confusing our users because the workflow we have makes no sense to have a name. Please remove these as mandatory.

1 Like

+1. Name/Email makes no sense for many workflows. The default canā€™t even be mapped to a custom field, which in my case means I have to ask for name twice!

2 Likes

Piling on. It makes users and coworkers less likely to use the forms because the email is a strange field to ask for

1 Like

Agree, pls allow removal of these 2 fields

1 Like

Signed up for community just to +100 this request.

1 Like

Seconding this request. Itā€™s clunky for internal stuff where those details donā€™t matter, and makes the forms unnecessarily long.

1 Like

+1 On this. We use forms internally name and email are not necessary.

2 Likes

Please allow for removal of these fields on the formsā€¦or at the very least allow them to be renamed. It is super annoying having these fields on a form where every other part can be built to customer requirements, seems very odd that these two are locked down. Many thanks for your consideration!

1 Like

I would really like to see tight integration with Gravity Forms. Asana forms are very weak thus we are building our own in GF. It would be nice to have a GF plugin to hook directly into Asana like other apps do such as Slack.

1 Like

Any update on when this can be implemented? This seems like a no-brainer to have the option to turn these fields off. It doesnā€™t make sense for internal employees to have to fill in an email field for requests.

1 Like

Hi all,
Any update here ?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Happy Friday @TylerNow and @anon2665589

I donā€™t have any news to share at the moment but rest ensure that as soon as I get an update Iā€™ll post it in this thread!

Have a great weekend!

1 Like

You removed my suggestion and gave me this link which doesnā€™t resolve my issue.

The requirement for email and name should be ONLY optional if the user is not signed into Asana. How hard is it to autofill a signed in user?

4 Likes

Itā€™s a tad disappointing those cannot be deleted. It would be nice to at least have the ability to map it directly to a custom attribute. Currently, to map the email to a custom attribute, you have to ask the user to identify himself 3 times(1x name + 2 email). This doesnā€™t make any practical sense at all as itā€™s one of the key information you want to map into a custom field.

2 Likes

Iā€™m here for thisā€¦forms are useless to me right now, also would need the ability for a due date to be added.

2 Likes