Forms: Allow removal of Name and Email fields

When creating a form, there is a Name and Email field pre-populated and marked as mandatory.

I want to remove these fields from the form, but itā€™s not possible.

Please allow us to remove these fields. They are not part of my form workflow and are just adding useless fields.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us @Collin_Vine

Asana Forms have the name and email question by default to ensure you get the contact information of the people who are requesting work from your team but I completely understand how this fields are not relevant for your workflow.

I donā€™t think this is in our near term plans, but hopefully this is something we can evaluate for future improvements!

Thanks for the response, Natalia.

Thatā€™s a little disappointing to hear, as it seems like itā€™d be a minimal change to allow the removal of these fields when the userā€™s use-case doesnā€™t necessitate them (like in my case).

Iā€™d hope that as a principle the idea of ā€œgive user the choiceā€ could be employed here; maybe the product team will reconsider and remove the requirement of these fields. Right now it feels like it was designed for a very specific use-case and thatā€™s being forced on all users vs. designing it for more flexible requirements.

13 Likes

I agree with Collin. This seems over-reaching on the part of Asana. Iā€™m sure they have good intentions, but if we are capable of setting up and managing a project management platform like Asana, Iā€™m sure we can manage including the form fields we require for our use.

I too want to remove the default Name and Email fields. In my case, I want the ā€˜Nameā€™ field to be mapped to a custom field, not just some text in the Task Description. If we were able to create or our forms and decide which form fields are pertinent to our situation, this would not be a problem.

Please Asana, just remove the block on letting us delete those two default fields. I donā€™t mind if every new form includes those fields by default. Thatā€™s fine, just let us remove them when WE determine they are unnecessary and/or problematic to our goals. Thanks.

14 Likes

Hello - Iā€™d also like to request that we are able to delete and replace the first two questions in Asana forms - Name and email. Our org has no need for the email field but we are unable to replace or delete it currently.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Jae_Reyes and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I have merged your post with the existing thread we have regarding this request to consolidate feedback. I hope itā€™s OK.

Donā€™t forget to upvote it! :slight_smile: Have a great day!

Name and email should be removed or autofilled for logged in users. This is nearly 2020 after all. Makes perfect sense for those not logged in as we need to know who submitted.

6 Likes

Same here. We use forms among our internal team; Name is ok but thereā€™s really no need to ask for email.

5 Likes

Please allow name and email fields to be removed from the forms or allow the name and email fields to be added to the list view.

6 Likes

Agreed we should absolutely be able to remove these! I want these fields but want them to go to custom fields not description so the standard ones are not helpful and repetitive

6 Likes

Yes, please allow us to remove!

4 Likes

I would also like to be able to remove name and email address from my form. Thanks!

3 Likes

Please allow for removal

3 Likes

I agree, there are plenty of use cases when one or both are not needed, particularly email

2 Likes

This isnt hard at all, just give the community this quick win please.

5 Likes

I am having the same issue. I want the Name and Email fields to populate in list view from the form, so this is just making my implementation of forms unwieldy and complicated. Please allow us to remove or at least edit/tie to a custom field.

2 Likes

As it is right now it is just a hassle to use, so we are just posting the requests directly as entries/carts/tasks.

1 Like

Please allow us to remove the ā€œNameā€ and ā€œEmailā€ fields from forms! The idea that all forms should have names and emails by default is honestly crazy to me. We wonā€™t be able to use forms for anonymous feedback, for example. This is a serious design flaw, and I am eager for it to be fixed so that we can actually use this feature :frowning:

3 Likes

+1 - Please allow us to remove the ā€œNameā€ and ā€œEmailā€ fields from forms

Weā€™re collecting internal information and have no need for this info, especially given that itā€™s mapping to the description field.

2 Likes

+1 - Please allow us to remove the ā€œNameā€ and ā€œEmailā€ fields from forms

We use this form to import information from our work platform which doesnā€™t have an applicable email address for WOā€™s.

3 Likes