Form submission directly into an existing task

It would be great to be able to have the results from a form submission be able to be automatically inputted into the tile and furthermore the sub task within the tile.

3 Likes

Hi @Derek_De_Betta, welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback with us!

Just to confirm if I understood your request completely, would you like to have a task in your project and be able to add information to that task from a Form? If you could give us more details it’ll very helpful!

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

That’s correct. As it stands when you input details into a form it will create a task with the information from the form inside that task. It would be good if it were to go into an exisiting task as a sub task or, even better, go into a sub task within a task

Hope this makes sense

3 Likes

I would love to know if there are any updates on this as we are looking to do the same thing.

same here!

Hey Asana,

Our team has tasks that sometimes change scope due to a new request.

We use Asana Forms to intake these requests, but then we manually have to tie that form back to the corresponding task we’re working on.

Could there be a field on the Asana form that does a task look up? That way if a form is submitted that needs to become a subtask or a parent task, it can be done automatically.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Colton_Simmons ,

I have found an existing feedback request so I merged your post into that one.

Don‘t forget to upvote there.

What is the status of being able to add a new form to an existing task on a project?

1 Like

Hi @anon16944495,

It’s still not currently possible. Asana doesn’t publish a public roadmap so there’s no way to know if it’s coming. But be sure to vote for it here if you haven’t yet!

I have an automation set up that when a new client appointment is made a task is created and a form is automatically emailed out to the prospective client.

How can I make the form response link back to the specific task?

At the moment it is creating a new task, but this basically means we are creating duplicates that need manually merging?

I’m sure it’s something simple I’m not seeing!

@Julia_Attwell,

I’ve merged your post into an existing thread; click the title or scroll to the top to find the purple Vote button where you can vote to support this request.

Meantime, yes, you could manually merge the tasks or you could consider making the form submission task a subtask of your existing task.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hi Larry

Thank you for that, I’m still a little unclear though, so would the forms intuitively link back to the client that completed them task?

After you manually make the forum submission a subtask of the original specific task:

If you were looking at the original specific task, you could easily drill down to the form submission as a subtask.

If you were looking at the form submission, you could easily pop up with one click to the original task.

Larry

How you create a subtask automatically with the form submission?

We receive revisions on projects via the form and I would love to have those revisions correspond with the existing original task. Having the form create a subtask would work, but how do I make this happen?

Its been 2 years since this feature has been requested, has Asana made any progress into this?

1 Like

Seems like all the asana team has to do is add a convert to sub-task trigger to the rules and tie the the search field to a form question.

1 Like

Still nothing here?

Following hopefully for this to one day be a possibility…