Filtering on Calendar View

Huge +1 here for this

Filter views on calendars are one of the key things that is keeping our team from moving all of our work to Asana off another platform. Without that feature, we canā€™t move fully to Asana so weā€™re stuck between two systems at the moment.

We need a way to build filters to view the calendar by custom fields to show types, etc.
Ideally Iā€™d love to be able to have a filter view for a variety of things, such as ā€œmilestonesā€ vs ā€œtasksā€, off a selected custom field option such as ā€œstatusā€ or other custom options.

2 Likes

We really need this - any updates on this? It is literally causing our adoption to go down because if we canā€™t consolidate around a marketing calendar in asana, then we push into other platforms and bring everyone back out of asana and we get less buy in.

3 Likes

Please please add this feature in! We are at a huge disadvantage not being able to filter in this view. You can filter in the List view but this limitation in the calendar view is not fun to have to deal with :frowning:

1 Like

Please fix this. It is holding back our whole team from adopting asana. Its fundamental for a marketing calendar.

3 Likes

We need this! Our marketing calendar is massive and we need the ability filter by customer fields. May need to look at an alternative to asana if this feature doesnā€™t become available soon.

2 Likes

+1 to this - it makes the calendar view pretty unusable in many cases without. I see this thread was started years ago - not sure what the hold up is given the feature is already clearly available in list view?

2 Likes

Agree with everyone here. This should be a basic feature of any project management tool. When can we expect to see this? Otherwise, our team will have to move to Airtable or another tool.

1 Like

Echoing whatā€™s been said, we need this feature to filter the calendar!

1 Like

Hey. We have our project split up within each teams. I need to be able to regroup calendars from various projects and leave others out. Right now, I can only view a single project calendar or the whole teams, which is too crowded. Are you working on a feature allowing us to combine serious calendars, with filtering, that doesnā€™t mean all projects within a team? Thanks. Iā€™m sure many people would use this.

2 Likes

Beyond color coding, itā€™d be great to be able to filter the calendar view specific facets (like content type etc.)

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Buck_Choate!

There is an existing thread around this topic so I have merged your post. Since you did not vote yet donā€™t forget to do so by clicking ā€œvoteā€ at the very top of the thread.

Is this feature in progress? It would be massively helpful for my teams to be able to filter team calendar views by project, by tag, or literally by anything at all.

Hi folks, this feature was launched a few months ago, you can learn more about it in šŸ“† Multi-filter on Calendar view :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 that this would be a helpful feature to be able to filter and only see certain ownersā€™ (or sub-teams) tasks on a Team calendar