Filter projects by multiple fields (including custom) and save different filter views.

Multi-filter + ability to save filters would unleash new worlds of value for Asana. If anyone can solve this itā€™s @rodrigo-davies

5 Likes

It would be great if this was available soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is crazy that Asana does not have this yet - MUST HAVE for a real project management software. We will be switching away from Asana if this isnā€™t developed soon.

1 Like

This is a must have in board view. Iā€™m new to Asana and this could be a deal breaker.

Why would you only allow one filter? I donā€™t understand it.

2 Likes

Agree that this is most definitely a valuable feature. Ability to create a custom filter and then SAVE it for use at any time :+1: , rather than having to recreate it every time you need it. :disappointed:

1 Like

Similar need on our side too.

We have boards that centralize lots of information, and we would like to create ā€œviewsā€ of that board that can be bookmarked, similarly to whatā€™s doable with ā€œSearch reportsā€ already.

For instance, we have a project ā€œRoadmapsā€ that centralizes both product roadmap and tech roadmap. And for each of those 2 roadmaps, theyā€™re visually split by the ā€œProduct/Serviceā€ the tasks belong to.

What Iā€™d like to do, is to create multiple views (one per product/service) to keep all those views up-to-date automatically. This way, I can get the big overview in the main view, and then get a filtered view to see each product/service independently.

The use cases are numerous. Itā€™s very similar to what Airtable does.

Currently, I have one project per Product/Service, but itā€™s really not great because it can easily get out-of-sync if I forget to add a task in both the ā€œRoadmapsā€ project and the related ā€œProduct/service projectā€.

2 Likes

Putting my vote in here for filtering by multiple fields. This is a NEED in productivity land. Please! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So frustrated this still isnā€™t implementedā€¦ ! :rage:

1 Like

Adding my vote to this feature request! Our team is still on a free plan, and I was going to use this feature as a push to move towards a premium plan. Looks like it a product-wide request :frowning:

1 Like

Agree.

1 Like

Hi all,
+1 voted. This is a crucial feature for us as well and currently it is hindering our way of being as agile as possible.

We have a master kanban board in Asana that we use to track all projects and their tasks but right now we can only filter by assignee and others. If only we could filter by assignee AND project that would be a huge time saver.

1 Like

Have to say - this is the very thing that keeps me from recommending Asana as a legit PM tool. Hope this can be resolved.

1 Like

Thanks @Jacqueline_Sargeant . Can you add your vote please.

Done :+1:

1 Like

Definitely +1 this. I need to filter out tasks that are waiting on others to be completed.

1 Like

thanks @Steven_Moran . Please vote for this request. ( Filter projects by multiple fields (including custom) and save different filter views. - #35 by Jacqueline_Sargeant). Also similar is
Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example) - #4 by Tim_Jasper

Hi @Emily_Roman . Surely with the number of votes on this forum post and also on this other related forum post we should be getting some progressive feedback from Asana?
Thanks.

Just came upon this limitation when our team has a backlog of tasks that we want to see in a list view, but then we also want to filter down to a specific sprint and see that in board view. Maintaining two projects is a pain!

Iā€™m a little surprised to realize Iā€™ve been using Asana for years and only just started to want this, but now I want it very badly.

We even had one team member not realize they were setting the default view for everyone.

2 Likes

Voted! Canā€™t believe this doesnā€™t exist. Every competitor has this (and probably did from day 1).

3 Likes

Not to be rude, but this kind of flexibility is one of the main benefits I see for competing task tracking and project management softwares, so I fully put my weight (for whatever it is worth) on this feature request. I wanted to:

1. Go to Filter
  2. Create a Custom Filter
  3. Save the Custom Filter as an option so that next time I go to the drop-down menu, it shows up pre-populated as an option.
7 Likes