We’ve been using the Zendesk & Asana integration for a couple years now. It helps us, but it’s far from an ideal solution.
We’d use another customer service platform if one integrated natively/bi-directionally with Asana (I think Asana uses Desk.com). Zendesk is the #1 platform in terms of popularity, but we’d use whatever platform integrated with Asana.
“Asana’s mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.” Well, it seems like there’s a bit of a gap in this mission if, even at Asana, the customer service team is working out of Desk.com and the rest of the company is working out of Asana.
We face the same challenge ourselves of Asana (task/project management & internal communication) not being integrated with Zendesk (customer service, ticketing, & external communication).
What we all need is the ability to do the following between “Zendesk”/Asana:
- Automated Links: A new ticket should create a task and link between Zendesk/Asana. These links should happen instantly unlike Zapier which takes up to 15-minutes.
- Manual Links: You should be able to manually link between a Zendesk ticket & Asana task.
- Contextual Buttons: There should be contextual buttons in both Asana & Zendesk that let you take action from either application on what’s happening in Zendesk.
- Integrated Comments/Discussions: You should be able to make an internal note on Asana and have it auto-post to Zendesk and vice-versa. We would love to be able to see new customer updates in Asana.
- Integrated SLAs: It would be amazing if Asana could respect a ticketing systems SLAs and show them in the custom fields.
At the end of the day, the perfect scenario would be if Asana could build in ticketing system functionality all on its own. It’s hard to have the perfect task management system without also having the perfect internal/external communication system.