Feature request: Ability to revise dates on multiple tasks at once

I work in a job function and industry where tasks and projects are often cyclical, and I create new projects based on templates and past projects. I keep the dates so I retain the timing

Just as you can select multiple tasks and change the assignee, or project, or tag them in any number of ways en masse, it would be great if we could select multiple tasks (even ones due on different dates) and easily push the date forward/back from their current dates**.

So you’d select tasks (50 max) and see something that looks like this: “Move selected tasks (CHOICE:) forward/back by (FILL IN #:slight_smile: ___ (CHOICE:) week/month/day/year.”

If there isn’t already a date on a task you’ve selected, it defaults to no date still, or whatever time period you select from today’s date.

I know that recurring tasks exist, and I do use these, but projects are so large and sections are broken up in such a way that having hundreds of recurring tasks would be way cluttered and unhelpful.

Thanks!

Hi @Lendon_Ebbels and thanks for the feedback,

We recently released an auto-shift due date that you might be interested in: Auto-shifting dependency dates is now available on all projects!

@Phil_Seeman would Flowsana be helpful in @Lendon_Ebbels situation?

Alas, there’s nothing in Flowsana that will solve this particular need.

@Lendon_Ebbels, Until your request is implemented, just checking to see if you were aware of these two existing approaches to change multiple due dates at once; not perfect but perhaps could help:

The #1 approach is described more clearly here:

Larry

1 Like

Thanks everyone! None of these are quite what I’m looking for, but appreciate the help!

1 Like