Exporting Weekly Actual Time by Project and Task

I’m using the Actual Time section on tasks to record the time a user spends on each task. We bill our customers on a weekly basis broken down by time spent on each task. Tasks in our project can live for longer than a week but we bill based on progress made towards completion.

I see that I can export all tasks in a project and get the Actual time but it is the total time for a task and does not provide a breakdown on who made the time entry or when the time entry happened.

To try and get some of this data I’ve done the following:

• Within top level Reporting, I have created chart widgets that provide a breakdown of “Actual Time by Section filtered by Date->Time Entered within Last 1 Week for Project X”. I have to create 1 chart widget for each project. You cannot set the X-Axis to Task only Section.
  • Within a Portfolio you cannot create the same widget since Section will not appear. It seems this only appears at the top level when you can filter by an individual project. Task is also not available from X-Axis.
  • Within a Project, I have created chart widgets that provide a breakdown of “Actual Time by Section filtered by Date->Time Entered within Last 1 Week”. Task is also not available from X-Axis.

At none of these levels am I able to create a view that shows “Actual Time by Task for Last Week”.

On the Project List view you cannot filter by Date->Time Entered.

How can I get a list of “Actual Time by Task for Last Week” for each project? It would be great if this could be for all projects within my account.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like this is a feature built in. I’ve looked at the other time tracking options and will end up going with Harvest since it integrates directly with the Asana browser and desktop app. Everhour has a better integration, but does not work with the app and requires a minimum of 5 seats for the plan that supports Asana integration.

We have a similar issue. We bill quarterly and the new time tracking is useful, but the charts are cumbersome to convert to billable dollars by individual. Each chart, for often 25+- projects, for each individual’s time must be converted to decimal hours and multiplied by their rate. It takes my PMs many hours to complete this report.

Exporting the time tracking data from the reports dashboard to a spreadsheet would make my PMO considerably more efficient.