Export all projects to the Google Spreadsheet

Hi, community,

We would like to (have to) export all projects to a single spreadsheet for follow-up all tasks on the one page.

Why we need this feature;

We have more than 20 clients and goings up. Each Monday we send the updates about the opened task for each of the clients and takes 6 hours to do by manually!

To increase proactivity we need a solution to export all projects task to Google Spreadsheet. Then we can easily push the status to our email template.

Before to create this task, I researched on the community, I tried tools such as Bridge24 but doesn’t work. And also export to CSV solution doesn’t work well. Please check the result screenshot. Screenshot by Lightshot

The closest topics are Export all tasks from all projects to single spreadsheet and there are many topics like that. Seems solved but actually, I don’t think they find a way :frowning:

We are open to all suggestions (even the paid one) We love to use Asana and this missing feature is started to block our project management progress.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

I am working on a custom dashboard solution that might fit your needs! Can you contact me at siebmanb@gmail.com? Thanks a lot!

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

1 Like

There are 2 workarounds using a third-party ETL tool called Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/google-sheets-addon/asana):

1. either you use Skyvia Query product to export Asana data to Google Sheets - it allows refreshing data by click, but doesn’t preserve formatting
  2. or add all your Asana accounts as separate connections and export data to CSV automatically on schedule using Skyvia Export product. Later on, this aggregated CSV can be shared via Google Sheets.

If all these 20 accounts are separate instances, you will have to query like 20 times, and if they all are joined under some kind of workspace - then it’s quicker and easier.

P.S. I’m a member of the Skyvia development team, so if you have any questions about the product feel free to ask me.