Expand charts x-axis limit for dashboards / reporting

I’m diving into the new reporting feature and have hit a bit of an issue with the limit on the x-axis for how many data points can be displayed. (Demo video below.) The “expanded” view for a chart will only show 18 items on the x-axis and the non-expanded view is based on the window size. I can make my window really large and see more than 18 items, which then gets worse when I expand the view. It is also frustrating that the Download Image option literally downloads the current view you are seeing, and not a view of all of the data.

Some ideas or ways to solve this:

Demo of my issues https://youtu.be/blh8R7rfVYM (edit: updated link to video)

I’m trying to use custom fields to generate reports, but I’m running into this sizing issue with a lot of our custom fields. Thanks

5 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, @Anthony_Tamalonis!

I’ll pass this on to our Product team and keep you in the loop on any updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent suggestions, @Anthony_Tamalonis. I voted and hope these are addressed.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

+1 - Thanks for opening this topic Anthony!

2 Likes

Hello friends,

I was wondering if there’s a way to show the hidden labels when looking at the dashboards under “other”? I wanted to see them all for me to filter out only those certain ones per bar. But, I feel like I wouldn’t be able to filter with the “5+ other” labels/topic because I can’t see them for when I need to click the bars.

Is that an option?

1 Like

Hello @anon8917552,

I recommend upvoting here: Expand charts x-axis limit for dashboards / reporting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi there, curious if any of these ideas proposed by @Anthony_Tamalonis have been addressed? Is it possible to sort x-axis by value or auto-hide items with a zero value yet? Thank you.

4 Likes

The limited Graph/Chart features are really disappointing, and one reason Asana isnt a 5/5 for me. I do allot of reporting, and unfortunatley have to use other software to do what Asana cant :frowning: