Error not authorized message when logging into desktop app

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When i log on to the asana desktop app it redirects me to a browser then when i input my information it takes me to a blank screen that says “Error not authorized”. This happens when I try to log onto both of my accounts. Also it happens when I try to log on using email and google.

Steps to reproduce: login to desktop app, input login information and press log in.

Browser version: Chrome

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise): Basic

Upload screenshots below:

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Meshia_Akingbade :wave:

Can you please go through the troubleshooting steps to see if this helps?

Sometimes browser extensions for example can be causing issues.

Also please note that Asana for desktop is compatible with macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and Windows 10 or later.

1 Like

Hi @Meshia_Akingbade, welcome to our Community, and sorry for the trouble. This issue usually happens when you are logged into Asana in the browser with one email address and then try to login to the desktop app using a different email address.

In order to resolve this, I’d recommend the troubleshooting steps mentioned by Andrea. Clearing cache and cookies and using an incognito window usually solves the problem. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.