Email to Task - Web form submission to asana task issue

Hi - I am using a project email address to be able to automatically email in and have it auto create a task within a project. Works perfectly when I send a manual email.

I have a form on my website that I want to link direct to our asana project and create a task. The form automatically sends an email which comes in fine to my own email, but it doesn’t seem to pull it through to Asana?

Can anyone help?

Welcome to the Forum @Jamie_Mitchell1 and thank you for reaching out!

I would recommend you to reach out to our Support Team who will be able to take a closer look into your account and assist you further.

Can you please confirm if you have set up the auto-forward email rule according following the instructions from our Guide?

Can you please verify your email settings to make sure that your auto-forwarding rule is set to forward emails and not re-direct emails to your project?

If this doesn’t resolve your issue I would recommend you to reach out to our Support Team who will be able to take a closer look into your account and settings and assist you further.

I hope this helps Jamie! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Thanks, It works perfectly when I do it on my email, but the form auto submission email doesn’t seem to come through.

I feel like I need to be able to show what’s happening, is there anyway for me to do this?

Sincere apologies for the delay in responding @Jamie_Mitchell1.

As I mentioned before, I would highly recommend you to reach out to our Support Team who will have the tools to take a closer look into this and provide you with the best solution. You can contact them following these steps: How do I contact Support. When you do, feel free to include the URL of this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything again.

I hope this gets resolved soon Jamie! Have a nice day

Hi, I have the same issue. Trying to send to a specific project using the email address of the project (x+yyyyy@mail.asana.com).

KB article: Turning emails into Asana tasks | Product guide • Asana

Using Fluent Forms, I send an email confirmation to that email address. It shows as sent, but the task doesn’t arrive in Asana. I also have a normal email notification which arrives fine, and sending to the project email address manually succeeds in creating the task.

I’ve tried changing the from name of the email confirmation to the same as my Asana email as well. The SMTP is Sendgrid via Gridpane.

Hope you can help me with this issue!

Solved my issue: I needed Sendgrid to fully authenticate the domain, not just the sender address.