Email to specific task on Asana

And any solution for that??

Not at the moment @Rodrigo but Sendana or the Asana add-on for Gmail could be helpful!

Hi

I have implemented a couple of outlook features to work towards this.

One: Install OutlookFileDrag
This lets you drag outlook message directly into Asana (Or other browser aplications.) Created by a Tony Federer.

Two: Created an outlook button that sends an email directly to x@mail.asana.com
This will create a task under your my task. Just ensure you assign your email address to your profile.

I used the helpdesk macro below, change it for x@mail.asana.com

I also added these lines to remove your signature.
MessageBody = objItem.Body

replacesign = “Your Signature test Here”
MessageBody = Replace(MessageBody, replacesign, “”)

Change this line
strbody = "#created by " & senderaddress & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & MessageBody

Link:

Helpdesk Macro

1 Like

going back to the original request in this stream, having the ability to bcc an asana task where the email from outlook ended up as a comment would be huge. Its a common feature in CRMs and I think pretty limiting for asana users

3 Likes

Hi, any news re this topic? It seems quite a lot of people is being looking for the same feature for quite some time now.
Cheers
Ale

2 posts were split to a new topic: Question about Project Buddy

At present, I believe I can ask a teammate to add a dummy comment to the task, then when I receive a corresponding email notification, I can use its reply-to email address, say, to forward a relevant email stream.

But I am very interested in having an easier Asana-supported way (without an add-on) to add/forward an email / email stream to a specific task that already exists in Asana (perhaps as comments on that task). Any updates on adding this functionality to Asana?

1 Like

I don’t have an update to share at the moment @Brian_Wachob but I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I do!

2 Likes

Count a few more votes for me. We moved from trello and didn’t realize how important this was to a core member of our team. The ask is to either attach emails as comments from the gmail app, or forward as a comment directly to the task,

Forwarding to a board or adding things as a new task doesn’t solve the problem (and using that as our work around would probably make the situation worse).

2 Likes

My team is looking for this feature as well. Would be extremely useful.

1 Like

+1 for me too! I am managing a lot of communciation / updates with external parties; this would be extremely helpful for staying on top of the admin

Ditto

I haven’t read the full thread, but I think this request is answered by the email integrations detailed here Asana & Email: Emails to Tasks, Apps, & More | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I use the Outlook add-in all the time to either create a new task from an email or send an email into an existing task as a comment.

Also an upvote here.

It would be great if I could use asana as documentation of the progression of work. This however would require that I could BCC emails as comments to tasks, like you can in pipedrive.

All the best, thanks for a great tool

1 Like

Hi,

While using Asana, I need to Update ASANA Task on a meeting. Now I have created that task, which I created my self. Since I created, I didn’t get any email from ASANA, saying that FROM EMAIL is the email address for that particular task.

I think ASANA should develop an interface by which we could just COPY the Email Address of that particular tasks, and use them in email to send the email and in turn ASANA would update the email in Comments section of ASANA.

3 Likes

Awesome.
Fingers Crossed for this feature implementation.

1 Like

Your competitor Wrike has this feature, Asana NEEDS to have this. Basically each task has its own email address (example: 3478940873094@wrike.com) and if you CC that email it comes onto that task as a comment. I really like Asana and would love to keep using it but this is something that is necessary not only for our business (accounting) but evidently many others as well

4 Likes

Thanks @Khizer_Daya

Asana has this feature, but ASANA doesn’t provide the email address to the task created by me. It does provides the email, if someone comments on it. and I get an email from ASANA.

From then on, if I reply to that email, comments would be auto added in that particular task. Just that, unless you create tasks and no one comments, you can get email addresses for now.

Fingers crossed for implementing it.

1 Like

I have not reviewed the whole thread because it is very extensive and I have done a diagonal reading, but if I am not wrong, this issue is resolved, not exactly as requested by @Shai_Shapira but with the official asana add-ons for Outlook.

In my Outlook (Windows and Mac) I have installed two official asana add-ons.

1. Create asana Task
  2. Open asana add-in

Create asana Task
As the name implies, create a new task from an email

Open assana add-in
This addon allows you to do two things
A / Create a new task (White button)
B / Search Task (Blue button) (search task offers the option to comment on a task with the selected email)

I think that was the goal of @Shai_Shapira when he opened the thread, right. It’s not like he says with an email address, but I use the option to search for homework and comment with email every day and it works extremely well.

I know that it is not exactly what was requested, to comment via an email link per task, but I think this option is also perfectly valid and functional

Greetings from Barcelona

Unfortunately, the Outlook Add-In requires that you are using Office 365 Professional for E-mail. On-Premise/Self-Hosted Cloud Exchange servers are not supported :frowning: That doesn’t help the large percentage of businesses that use Exchange Server and have no plans to use Office 365.

Nonetheless, the Outlook Add-in looks great for those who can use it.