Email in Asana form

I created a form that requires the user to enter their email address. Once the user completes the form, I want Asana to send an auto email to the user stating Asana has captured their entry. Does Asana have this ability on its own? If so, how does it work? I have a Business level license.

Hey @anon57085655,

if you have a field capturing the email address then you can have a confirmation automatically sent, see Create Forms in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

2 Likes

Hi @anon57085655,

FYI if you want a custom form response email, rather than the canned one Asana sends out that @Andrea_Mayer mentioned above, our Flowsana integration lets you create your own customized email response for a form:

You can completely set your own subject and body, and these can include fields from the form or its project using Flowsana’s variable substitution capability.

1 Like

I have email as an entry in my task field but it is a custom field. The person enters their email address in the form. It is captured in the table but still no communication is sent out. Is email a built in field in Asana similar to Assignee?

1 Like

Email is not a built-in Asana field, but it is a built-in field on the form. Are you using the built-in “Email address” field on the form, or did you create your own field for email address entry? You’ll need to use the built-in form field. You should be able to route it into a custom field, though; I don’t think the form processing cares about where it goes to.

2 Likes

I finally figured it out…use the EMAIL question link in forms.

2 Likes

Bingo!

1 Like

Does Flowsana have a trial period to use?

Yep! 30 days.

The trial includes all of the features of the paid product, no limitations. (Also no credit card entry is required for the trial.)

2 Likes

Can this be set up to send different confirmation emails at each end of a branching form? (Such as in one case, “thanks for your submission” and in another case “thanks for your submission; we’ll be in touch with a response within 2 business days.”

Not directly, but you can accomplish that by setting a custom field (let’s call it X) to a different value in each branch, then creating a rule for each branch where the rule trigger condition is “When custom field X has a value of Y” where Y is the value for that branch, and the action is whatever action you want to occur for that branch. Does that make sense?

Flowsana will be the easiest way to get what you want working. If you use an automation platform like Tray.io, you can use that to automate some things with Forms like sending emails or adding collaborators, but it requires using the Asana API https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apS0e6M_bTQ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.